IADIS International Conference Interfaces and Human Computer Interaction 2012 (IHCI 2012)
|Event Date/Time: Jul 21, 2012||End Date/Time: Jul 23, 2012|
|Paper Submission Date: Apr 30, 2012|
concern within Interface Culture and Design with a particular emphasis on the affective aspects of design, development
and implementation of interfaces and the generational implications for design of human and technology interaction.
This conference aims to explore and discuss innovative studies of technology and its application in interfaces and
welcomes research in progress, case studies, practical demonstrations and workshops in addition to the
traditional submission categories.
This conference aims to cover both technological as well as non-technological issues related to these developments.
Main tracks have been identified (see below). However innovative contributes that donâ€™t fit into these areas will also
be considered since they might be of benefit to conference attendees.
Acceptance will be based primarily on originality, significance and quality of contribution.
Topics for this conference include, but are not limited to:
- Affective User-Centred Analysis, Design and Evaluation
- The Value of Affective Interfaces / Systems / Application / Interaction
- Generational differences and technology design
- Measurement of success of emotional technology / interfaces
- Supporting user populations from specific Generations
- Supporting user populations with Physical Disabilities
- Supporting user populations with Intellectual Disabilities
- Creativity Support Systems
- Emotional Design issues / methods / experiences for novel interfaces including tangible, Mobile and Ubiquitous computing,
mixed reality interfaces and multi-modal interfaces
- User studies and fieldwork
- Methodological implications of Emotional User Studies
- Participatory design and Cooperative design techniques
- Ethical issues in emotional design
- HCI and Design education
- Eliciting User Requirements