Agro-2011: evolution of agrarian markets (Agro-2011: UA)
|Event Date/Time: Mar 24, 2011||End Date/Time: Mar 25, 2011|
|Registration Date: Mar 23, 2011|
|Early Registration Date: Mar 11, 2011|
Despite the fact that the world situation causes extreme concern, Ukraine has a reason for optimism - our country is among the top three on the growth of agricultural production, together with Brazil and Russia (according to the report of UN Secretary-General "Agricultural development and food security"). The report also says that the growth of agricultural production in Ukraine in 2019 will be 29%, in case of support of the agricultural sector by the government.
To organize a constructive dialogue between agrarian business and government on March 24-25, 2010 in Kiev will be conducted the Forum â€œAGRO-2011: evolution of agrarian marketsâ€. The aim of the forum is creation of unique platform for professional communication of agrarian market players and industries that has impact on AIC development. To determine perspectives of Ukraine on the global food market based on the situation in the country and world.
The Agenda is based on research of the range of problems, industry trend analysis and competent advises on the development of agricultural market segments that ensure practical character of discussed issues.
ISSUES FOR DISCUSSION:
1. World food market: growing demand, higher prices, speculations, financial problems and lack of offers. Integration of Ukrainian AIC into world markets.
2. Priorities of private business. Future of agrarian holdings. Mergers and Acquisitions. The largest bargains in agrarian sector of Ukraine in 2010.
3. Direct investments in agriculture: trends and opportunities of attraction in Ukrainian conditions. Financing of Ukrainian agrarian sector by domestic and foreign banks. State finances and international financial institutions.
4. Commodity markets: grain, oilseed, dairy, meat. Quotas for grain exports â€“ necessity or the mechanism of state influence?
5. Development of Ukrainian Oil Extraction Plant. Infinite growth of capacities. State regulation of sugar market.
6. Agro supply: cooperation of agrarians with manufacturers and sellers of fertilizers, fuel and equipment. Features of mineral fertilizers trade. Main market operators: manufacturers, importers, wholesalers. Agricultural machinery trade. New schemes of loyalty. Sale of equipment and state guarantees. Development of the domestic seed production. New opportunities in capturing the market.