Economies of Central and Eastern Europe: Convergence, Opportunities and Challenges (ECEE)
Venue: Clarion Hotel Euroopa****
|Event Date/Time: Jun 12, 2011||End Date/Time: Jun 14, 2011|
|Registration Date: Apr 15, 2011|
|Abstract Submission Date: Mar 15, 2011|
|Paper Submission Date: May 15, 2011|
You are kindly invited to submit papers for this conference. We would especially encourage submissions on:
- macroeconomic effects and economic policy considerations under global turbulence and expected recovery;
- consequences of economic fluctuations on the financial sector and related opportunities;
- labour market responses to the changing economic environment; and
- real sector implications of economic distress and related opportunities for recovery.
Submissions on other topics falling under one of the Conference Tracks are also very welcome. The conference language is English.
(2) Labour market
(3) Financial markets and institutions
(4) Business environment
(5) International business and trade
Authors are invited to submit extended abstracts of their papers by 15 March 2011 electronically (MS Word or PDF format) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The submitted file should be named with the last name and first initial of the first author (e.g. â€œSmithJ.docâ€). The extended abstract should start with the title of the paper; name of the author(s); affiliation, mailing address, telephone, and e-mail addresses of the author(s); and preferable Conference Track for the paper. The subsequent extended abstract of 400-500 words should outline the background, methodology, data, results and main contribution of the paper. Only abstracts of papers which have not already been published or accepted for publication in journals will be considered. The Conference Committee will review all submissions and the submitting authors will be notified of the decision by 1 April 2011.
After notification of acceptance, a full paper must be submitted by 15 May 2011 by e-mail titled â€œECEE Paperâ€ to email@example.com. Formatting instructions are available on the conference website.
Unless you instruct us otherwise, all accepted papers will be included on the Conference CD, supplied with an ISBN number. The CDs will be issued by Tallinn University of Technology and will be distributed to all registered participants during the conference.
All papers accepted for the conference are eligible to be considered for publication in one of the following international peer-reviewed academic journals:
- Emerging Markets Finance and Trade (EMFT). The articles in EMFT are indexed/abstracted in Current Contents/Social and Behavioral Sciences; Social Sciences Citation Index and other databases. EMFT is published by the Society for the Study of Emerging Markets and M.E.Sharpe Inc. (USA).
- Eastern European Economics (EEE). The articles in EEE are also indexed/abstracted in Current Contents/Social and Behavioral Sciences; Social Sciences Citation Index and other databases. EEE is published by M.E.Sharpe Inc. (USA).
- Research in Economics and Business: Central and Eastern Europe (REB). REB is indexed in EBSCO, EnonLit and other databases and is published by Tallinn School of Economics and Business Administration of the Tallinn University of Technology (Estonia).
- Comparative Economic Studies (CES). The articles in CES are indexed/abstracted in International Bibliography of the Social Sciences and other databases. CES is published by Palgrave Macmillan (UK).
- Baltic Journal of Economics (BJE). BJE is abstracted and/or indexed in EconLit, EBSCO as well as SSCI and other databases; and is published by SSE Riga and Baltic International Centre for Economic Policy studies (Latvia).
If you wish your paper to be considered for publication in one of the above journals, please submit by 15 September 2011 your final full paper, incorporating any changes arising from the discussion and feedback received at the conference. Papers will be reviewed for the above journals following their normal review criteria. Please note that the acceptance of a paper to the conference is not a guarantee of publication by the journals, but only a limited number of outstanding papers will be published by the journals.
The conference venue will be Clarion Hotel Euroopa**** in Tallinn city centre, walking distance from the Old Town. The conference will begin with Welcome Reception in the evening of Sunday, 12 June in the historical building of the Estonian Academy of Sciences in Tallinn Old Town. The Welcome Reception is preceded by a combined bus and walking tour in Tallinn for those who are interested. Monday, 13 June will start with a plenary session in the morning, followed by parallel sessions until evening. The day will end with Conference Dinner on the roof terrace of restaurant-lounge Vertigo. Tuesday, 14 June will be fully devoted to parallel sessions. All the above events plus lunch and coffee-breaks on both conference days, as well as a Conference CD, are included within the participation fee. Accommodation, transportation and any other costs are excluded from the participation fee. However, a limited block of rooms has been reserved at the conference hotel and can be booked by participants at special rates on a first come, first served basis.
Online registration facility is available at the conference website. We kindly ask participants to register for the conference by 15 April 2011. The conference participation fee is EUR 260 per participant. Discounted participation fee of EUR 170 is available for students as well as for any persons accompanying the presenters. The participation fee is payable by 15 April 2011 by means of bank transfer to the Tallinn University of Technology bank account. After that date, participation is possible at a walk-in participation fee of EUR 310 (EUR 210 for students), payable in cash on site during conference registration or by bank transfer beforehand. The conference participation fee also includes 1-year free membership in the Society for the Study of Emerging Markets, providing amongst other benefits member access to EMFT online issues.
- Dr. Aaro Hazak, Tallinn School of Economics and Business Administration, Tallinn University of Technology; Chair of the Conference Committee (Estonia)
- Prof. Josef C. Brada, Department of Economics, Arizona State University; Editor, Eastern European Economics; Editor, Comparative Economic Studies (USA)
- Prof. Ali M. Kutan, Southern Illinois University, Editor, Emerging Markets Finance and Trade (USA)
- Prof. Enn Listra, Tallinn School of Economics and Business Administration, Tallinn University of Technology (Estonia)
- Prof. Urve Venesaar, Tallinn School of Economics and Business Administration, Tallinn University of Technology; Editor, Research in Economics and Business: Central and Eastern Europe (Estonia)
- Dr. Laivi Laidroo, Tallinn School of Economics and Business Administration, Tallinn University of Technology;
- Dr. Martti Randveer, Head of Research Department, Bank of Estonia (Estonia)
- Prof. JÃ¼ri Sepp, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia)
- Mrs. Liina Kulu, Development Coordinator, Bank of Estonia (Estonia)
- Prof. Tatjana Muravska, Director of the Centre for European and Transition Studies, University of Latvia; President of the Latvian European Community Studies Association (Latvia)
Mrs. Liis Saks, Conference Secretary
Tallinn University of Technology, Akadeemia tee 3, 19086 Tallinn, Estonia
Telephone: +372 6 204 057
Conference Website: http://tseba.ttu.ee/ECEE