SANS Security West 2011
Venue: Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel
|Event Date/Time: May 03, 2011||End Date/Time: May 12, 2011|
One of the highlights of SANS Security West 2011 is sure to be the Emerging Security Threat: Panel Discussion. The only way you can be prepared for the future is to understand it, and those who do not learn from the past are forced to repeat it. Only by understanding emerging trends can you better align your organization's security program.
For a sneak preview at some of the Emerging Trends leaders in the information security industry are talking about, visit the Security Predictions for 2011-2012 page at the SANS Technology Institute.
At SANS Security West, you have the opportunity to advance your information security skill set, learn to prepare your organization for the future, and enjoy the fun and sun of San Diego!
Choose from these outstanding SANS Courses:
- Security 401: SANS Security Essentials Bootcamp Style * (GSEC)
- Security 504: Hacker Techniques, Exploits & Incident Handling * (GCIH)
- Security 301: Intro to Information Security (GISF)
- Audit 507: Auditing Networks, Perimeters & Systems * (GSNA)
- Management 414: SANSÂ® +Sâ„¢ Training Program for the CISSPÂ® Certification Exam * (GISP)
- Management 512: SANS Security Leadership Essentials for Managers with Knowledge Compressionâ„¢ * (GSLC)
- Security 503: Intrusion Detection In-Depth * (GCIA)
- Security 542: Web App Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking (GWAPT)
- Security 566: Implementing and Auditing the Twenty Critical Security Controls - In Depth
- Legal 523: Legal Issues in Information Technology and Information Security (GLEG)
- Security 505: Securing Windows (GCWN)
- Security 408: Computer Forensic Essentials (GCFE)
- Forensics 508: Computer Forensic Investigations and Incident Response (GCFA)
- Forensics 558: Network Forensics
- Security 610: Reverse-Engineering Malware: Malware Analysis Tools and Techniques (GREM)
- Developer 522: Defending Web Applications Security Essentials
Register for one of the long courses listed above and save up to 50% on one of the following 1- and 2-day courses:
- Management 433: Securing The Human: Building and Deploying an Effective Security Awareness Program - May 3 & 4
- Security 464: Hacker Detection for Systems Administrators with Continuing Education Program - May 3 & 4
- Management 421: SANS Leadership and Management Competencies - May 10
- Management 305: Technical Communication and Presentation Skills for Security Professionals - May 11
- Security 517: Cutting-Edge Hacking Techniques - May 11
- Security 580: Metasploit Kung Fu for Enterprise Pen Testing - May 11-12
- Courses preparing you for almost any of the technical and management certifications required by Department of Defense Directive 8570.
Watch for our SANS Special Events, Vendor Expo and Reception, and SANS@Night talks - all of which are free to those who register. Don't miss these enriching and informal networking opportunities that you only find at live training events. Valuable professional relationships that last for years are forged at SANS events. Here is what some attendees had to say about SANS Security West 1010:
"Within the first five minutes I knew this would be a very different (and welcomed) experience than prior training with other vendors. SANS' attention to detail is evident in every slide." - Jayme Jordan, Raytheon
"The real world application given to students via the instructor's knowledge is priceless. Well worth the money." - Karen Waltermire, NIST
"I am very convinced that all of SANS instructors are qualified and do an excellent job teaching this very difficult subject." - Chris Tran, Applied Signal Technology
The Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel will be the location for SANS Security West 2011. A special discount rate of $199 S/D will be honored based on space availability. Make your reservations now as this special rate is only available through April 13, 2010. Government per diem rooms are available with proper ID. Simply call reservations and ask for the SANS government rate. These rates include high speed Internet in your room.
The Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel offers stunning ocean and bay views. With its spectacular waterfront location, this luxury hotel has easy access to many unique Southern California adventures! Take a cruise on the San Diego Bay and visit Seaport Village, the Gaslamp Quarter, the San Diego Zoo, and Sea World. Don't miss the museums in Balboa Park. San Diego in May has an average high of 69 degrees with a low of 60 degrees.
"SANS is the defacto standard in security training." - Steven Rasbach, AAA
To follow or tweet about this event, use the hashtag #sans-secwest-2011. Follow SANS at @SANSInstitute.
Register today for SANS Security West 2011 - we are looking forward to meeting you in sunny Southern California!