International Diaspora Youth Leadership Conference 2011, Belgrade, Serbia on July 15th-16th, 2011
Venue: Sava Centar
|Event Date/Time: Jul 15, 2011||End Date/Time: Jul 16, 2011|
|Registration Date: Jul 15, 2011|
|Early Registration Date: Apr 15, 2011|
The International Diaspora Youth Leadership Conference brings together future leaders from 26 countries representing youth from five continents from universities, business, government, NGOs, education and the cultural sector for a unique two-day experience aimed at broadening their perspectives on study, work, leadership, and their origin countries.
This is a first-of-a-kind idea that is aiming to foster greater awareness and understanding between young Serbians in Diaspora and Serbia.
Conference Discussions Highlights
* Diaspora Youth Leadership Development
* Capacity Building for Young People and Youth Leaders
* Youth and Economic Development
* Image of Serbians in a Global Context: Sport, Music, Art
* Global Networks and Collaborations
* Overcome Poverty, Violence
* Health (HIV/AIDS, Polio, Child Mortality and other diseases)
* Youth Entrepreneurship
* Youth Volunteerism
* International Exchange Programs
* Peace Building and Early Warning Response to Conflict
* Young People and ICT
* To exchange ideas and information aimed establishing linkages between Europe, Canada, USA and Australia and Serbia.
* To enhance cultural awareness and identity
* To share different perspectives through provocative panel presentations, stimulating roundtable discussions and informal networking opportunities
* To emphasize the crucial contribution that Serbian youth in the Diaspora can make, as well as help youth into the future with a spirit of leadership and commitment.
* To build a stronger sense of collaboration among themselves.
* To seek acquaintances and galvanize bases for the continued co-operation and brotherhood/ sisterhood with all those who have the wellbeing and interest of Serbia people at heart.
Why You Should Attend
* Expand your abilities
* Challenge yourself and go beyond your boundaries
* Gain knowledge, personal growth and development, and expertise
* Learn from your peers
* Meet lots of new people
* Friday Night Entertainment
What You Will Learn
* To define and develop your leadership abilities.
* To create model partnerships for youth, education, business and technology projects to further peace, well-being and community action and resilience.
* To build lasting international knowledge networks opportunities with your peers and meet others from around the world.
* To encourage leadership and enhancing the sense of making a difference in the lives of other people.
* To identify key learning, promising practices, gaps, and action priorities and recommendations