European Smart Metering Forum & Smart Metering Update 2011
Venue: The Bloomsbury Hotel
|Event Date/Time: Jun 21, 2011||End Date/Time: Jun 22, 2011|
The Third Energy Package provides for smart meters to be rolled out to 80% of consumers across the EU by 2020, and 100% by 2022. The scale of this roll-out will provide a number of key challenges and opportunities for electricity network operators, energy retailers and the metering industry. This one-day event will examine the major developments in metering across the EU.
* Philip Lowe, Director General for Energy, EU Commission
* Marc Boillot, Vice President, Strategic Programmes Development, ERDF
* Norm Fraser, Chief Operating Officer, Hydra Ottawa
* Martin Vesper, EnBW Group
*Smart Metering Update*
Last year's event provided a forum for expert analysis of the smart metering programme thus far, with industry leaders and regulators outlining their aims for the coming year. At this year's conference we will address the questions left unanswered by the upcoming response to the prospectus consultation alongside the ongoing discussions around the DCC, consumer engagement and implementing the roll out.
* Dean Keeling, Director Smart Homes, British Gas
* Niels Roberts, Programme Director for Smart Metering, EDF Energy
* Susan Furnell, Head of Smart Strategy, RWE npower
* Simone Chiappi, Vice President for Smart Metering, E.ON Energy