Investment and Innovation in Microfinance Europe
|Event Date/Time: May 23, 2011||End Date/Time: May 25, 2011|
Over the last 6 months, the Indian Microfinance conference has rattled the industry as a whole.
If you are worried, you are not alone. Investors are unsure what investment strategy to commit to in 2011 and MFIs are keen to revolutionise the current regulatory architecture and tackle the local currency risk.
But worrying is not going to help. Now is the time instead to learn how to strengthen regulation, deal effectively with negative press, transform your investment portfolio and address the challenge of local currency funding.
This yearâ€™s Investment and Innovation in Microfinance conference will offer you the opportunity to thrash out the future of Microfinance with professionals who believe in the same thing you do.
What kind of topics will be addressed?
1. Tackle the source of the crisis: Identify the broader implications of the Indian crisis on the Microfinance industry to avoid a repeat scenario, hear from members of the Malegam committee
2. Rectify Microfinanceâ€™s image problem: Learn how you can better manage increased media and public scrutiny
3. Clarify an investorâ€™s role: Understand how they are investing in 2011, what new products they are investing in and what returns they are likely to get
4. Address risk: Use risk management tools to combat reputation, governance, regulation and currency risk
5. Broaden the scope of Microfinance: From Impact Investing to SME Financing, identify the new investment opportunities available to you
To download the full agenda, please visit the meeting website: www.microfinance-europe.com
To register for the meeting please quote the booking code: EXTLIST to receive a 10% discount.
Call: +44 (0) 203 1418 700