SANS Virginia Beach 2011
|Event Date/Time: Aug 22, 2011||End Date/Time: Sep 02, 2011|
SANS Virginia Beach continues to be one of our most popular locations! We've added an extra week of training; so, hopefully, we will not have to turn anyone away this year. Choose from these top-rated five- and six- day SANS Audit, Management and Security courses and use what you learn in the classroom as soon as you return to the office.
Starting August 22:
* Management 414: SANSÂ® +Sâ„¢ Training Program for the CISSPÂ® Certification Exam
* Security 401: SANS Security Essentials Bootcamp Style
* Security 504: Hacker Techniques, Exploits & Incident Handling
* Security 566: Implementing and Auditing the Twenty Critical Security Controls - In Depth
* Security 617: Wireless Ethical Hacking, Penetration Testing, and Defenses
Starting August 28:
*Audit 407: Foundations of Auditing Information Systems
* Management 512: SANS Security Leadership Essentials For Managers with Knowledge Compressionâ„¢
* Security 501: Advanced Security Essentials - Enterprise Defender
* Security 503: Intrusion Detection In-Depth
* Security 560: Network Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking
Visit our Event-at-a-Glance page for complete course descriptions for all of the courses offered in Virginia Beach.
Earn your Master's Degree at SANS Technology Institute (STI)! Start taking courses at SANS Virginia Beach 2011 that will apply to the STI Master's Program upon admittance. STI has two distinct Masters programs focused on Information Security:
* Masters in Information Security Engineering (MSISE)
* Masters in Information Security Management (MSISM)
Register for any master's related course at SANS Virginia Beach 2011 before July 15, 2011 and receive 50% off of your STI application fee. Complete STI application package (application form with essays, employer recommendation form and transcripts direct from college) must be received by October 3, 2011.
SANS training is well-known for being relevant and pragmatic. Our award-winning faculty has proven they understand the challenges you face on a daily basis. Their real-world experience increases the practical value of the course material. Here is what 2010 attendees had to say:
"I am constantly impressed by the quality of the instructors. Their passion towards their classes is infectious."
- Earnest Forni, City of Virginia Beach
"The plethora of exercises were extremely helpful with understanding the material. Reading about tools is one thing. Applying this is another and it is instrumental in understanding the content."
- Robert Thompson, Harris Crucial Security Programs
"When I get back to the office, I will use the knowledge I gained here to find evil."
- Jason Smith, General Dynamics ATP
"SANS provided up-to-date techniques which provide excellent insight and are clearly communicated via a knowledgeable and enjoyable instructor."
- Miguel Tejeda, Federal Reserve Bank of New York
The Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront is ten seconds from the Virginia Beach boardwalk and ocean front and is right next the Neptune's Park and the Shoppes at 31 Ocean. A discounted room rate of $199 S/D is available to SANS students until July 29, but space is limited so book early!
Virginia Beach is home to the Virginia Aquarium which features the fish of the Chesapeake Bay area and much more including komodo dragons and whale watching boat trips! Whether you enjoy kayaking, swimming, bird watching, hiking, fishing, playing golf or shopping and dining, Virginia Beach has it all. The hotel is right on the north end of one of America's favorite Boardwalks, constructed in 1888 and a favorite during Victorian times. The current version is three miles long and perfect for strolling, biking, or rollerblading. The Boardwalk is lined with shops and restaurants with plenty of ramps to get to the beach. Picture 11 top-rated golf courses, off-shore fishing opportunities where Virginia Beach is known as the Fish highway, children's activities for both teens and younger children (including a Where the Wild Things Are attraction), and that is Virginia Beach! What a great location for your training!
"Where else could you get a compressed course from a fun instructor? Here at SANS, I'm coming back!"
- Faye Higdon, Naval Sea Systems Command
Register by July 6 and receive a $400 tuition fee discount! This event has a history of filling up quickly, so register today to join us at SANS Virginia Beach 2011!