Information Security and Payment Card Rules: Protecting Patient Payment Data and Complying with PCI
Venue: Online Training Webinar
|Event Date/Time: May 24, 2011||End Date/Time: May 24, 2011|
Attendees will learn what information is covered under the HIPAA and PCI rules and what are the ways the information should be protected, including the safeguards called for by HIPAA and PCI. They will learn what are the consequences of not protecting health and payment information and what to do if their information security is compromised. We'll talk about strategies to limit exposures under PCI and HIPAA, and what steps can be taken to help limit the scope of compliance for PCI by keeping payment card information off of your office networks. Attendees will find out what they can do to minimize the payment card information they keep, restrict where it goes and who in their organization needs it, and minimize their obligations under the standard.
Meeting any set of information security requirements always involves conducting a thorough risk analysis to make sure you haven't overlooked any weaknesses. We'll discuss what's involved and how it is the cornerstone of your compliance efforts.
Attendees will learn the way to devise policies and procedures that can work to meet multiple regulatory requirements and will learn the role of documentation in showing compliance and assisting in the information security management process. Having good policies provide the foundation of good practices and compliance - we will discuss a set of topics that should be covered in a good set of information security policies meeting HIPAA and PCI requirements.
Areas Covered in the Session:
* Health and payment information must be kept securely - learn what is required and what is a good way to attain compliance with multiple regulations
* HIPAA and PCI have many similarities, but some important differences as well. Keeping your information well controlled can help with both.
* Find out about how you can discover where payment card information is and is not needed, and how to keep it to a minimum so you can limit your exposure to the PCI requirements
* Do you know what to do if your information security is breached? Learn who needs to be notified and why.
* Learn about the latest changes and updates to the PCI Data Security Standard and how they impact you
* Find out how to create useful and effective security policies and how to document compliance with them.
* Learn what are the first steps to take in attaining compliance with these increasingly important requirements.
Who Will Benefit:
* Compliance director
* Privacy Officer
* Security Officer
* Information Systems Manager
* HIPAA Officer
* Chief Information Officer
* Health Information Manager
* Healthcare Counsel/lawyer
* Office Manager
* Contracts Manager
Live : $245.00
Corporate live : $995.00
Recorded : $295.00