HIPAA Enforcement and Compliance Audits: What the auditors want and how to be ready before they call
Venue: Online Training Webinar
|Event Date/Time: Jun 23, 2011||End Date/Time: Jun 23, 2011|
We will explain the enforcement regulations and their recent changes that increase fines and create new penalty levels, including new penalties for willful neglect of compliance that begin at $10,000. We will discuss what information and documentation needs to be prepared in advance so that you can be ready for an audit without notice. Sample information request forms and questions asked at prior audits will be presented.
The session will also cover how to know if you may become the subject of an audit or enforcement action, and what you can do to help limit your exposure. We will discuss how most enforcement actions come about and what can be done to prevent incidents that lead to enforcement.
The HIPAA Privacy, Security, and Breach Notification regulations (and the recent changes to them) and how they will be audited will be explained. Documentation requirements for compliance will be explored and a framework of security policies necessary for compliance will be presented. Meeting any set of information security requirements always involves conducting a thorough risk analysis to make sure you haven't overlooked any weaknesses. We'll discuss what's involved and how it is the cornerstone of your compliance efforts.
The results of prior HHS audits (and their penalties) will be discussed, including recent actions involving multi-million dollar fines and settlements. A plan for attaining compliance will be presented. The steps to follow to prepare for an audit and respond to an audit request will be outlined.
Areas Covered in the Session:
* Fines and penalties for violations of the HIPAA regulations have been significantly increased and now include mandatory fines for willful negligence that begin at $10,000 minimum.
* HIPAA Audits have been few and far between in the past, but that's now changing - the HHS will be auditing HIPAA covered entities and business associates even if there have been no complaints or problems reported.
* Find out what HHS OCR is likely to ask you if you are selected for an audit, and what you'll have to have prepared already when they do.
* Find out what the rules are that you need to comply with and what policies you can adopt that can help you come into compliance.
* Learn how the HIPAA rules have changed and how you may need to change how you work to keep up with them.
* Learn how having a good compliance process can help you stay compliant more easily.
* Find out what you'll need to have documented to survive an audit and avoid fines.
Who Will Benefit:
* Compliance director
* Privacy Officer
* Security Officer
* Information Systems Manager
* HIPAA Officer
* Chief Information Officer
* Health Information Manager
* Healthcare Counsel/lawyer
* Office Manager
* Contracts Manager
Live : $245.00
Corporate live : $995.00
Recorded : $295.00