Are you treating your military employees fairly and complying with the law? (HR Training)
Venue: Online Event
|Event Date/Time: May 05, 2011||End Date/Time: May 05, 2011|
The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) provides specific requirements for employees who are also members of the armed forces. The current issues regarding USERRA compliance stem from conflicts arising over workplace scheduling, particularly when National Guard and Military Reservists must fulfill their â€œdrill weekendsâ€ and annual training obligations. Also, in many instances, conflicts arise due to the frequency of military duty assignments, the lack of notice given to employers by service members, and the impacts to employers as a result of the service memberâ€™s absence while on military leave.
- Understand the basics of USERRA, Rights and Requirements.
- Understand employer compliance obligations, the sharp increase in the number of employers failing to comply with USERRA, and the increase in litigation.
- Identify the more common employer mistakes in failing to comply with USERRA and how to correct them without violating the law.
- Learn strategies for resolving disputes with service members to ensure both employee and employer obtain win-win solutions and maintain compliance.
- Learn the reemployment timetable and how to handle reemployment of a veteran.
- Learn how to comply with the NDAA amendment to - FMLA and handle qualifying exigency and military caregiver leave.
- Learn how to encourage cooperation with the leadership team to ensure service members are not discriminated against or harassed in the workplace.
NOTE: Use This Promocode ( 117660 ) To Get 10% Discount.