Understanding the Final Regulations under the Americans with Disabilities Amendments Act (HR Compliance Traini)
Venue: Online Event
|Event Date/Time: Jun 17, 2011||End Date/Time: Jun 17, 2011|
The Americans with Disabilities Act was first passed in 1990. A series of court decisions from the United States Supreme Court interpreted held the Act should be strictly construed and, thus, made it very difficult for many to take advantage of this important law.
In response to the court decisions, Congress amended the Act sending the clear signal that Congress wanted broad coverage so that more Americans could take advantage of the law and, thus, increasing employer responsibilities. Additionally, Congress charged the EEOC with the responsibility of issuing regulations to provide guidance on how to comply with this complicated law. to provide guidance on how to comply with this complicated law.
During this session, We will discuss in detail on who is covered and what is required. We will explore the EEOC's final regulations and what it means to your company.
Areas Covered in the Seminar :
In this webinar you will learn:
- The history of the ADA and why Congress felt it needed to be amended.
- What type of impairments will be considered disabilities.
- When can you refuse employment because an individual is a direct threat to safety.
- What does â€œdirect threatâ€ mean?
- What type of reasonable accommodations may be required in the workplace?
- How to train your supervisors on these important changes.
NOTE: Use This Promocode ( 117660 ) To Get 10% Discount.