International Conference on Computer Vision Theory and Applications (VISAPP 2012) (VISAPP 2012)
|Event Date/Time: Feb 24, 2012||End Date/Time: Feb 26, 2012|
|Paper Submission Date: Oct 11, 2011|
Event Date: 24-26 February, 2012
The International Conference on Computer Vision Theory and Applications aims at becoming a major point of contact between researchers, engineers and practitioners on the area of computer vision application systems. Five simultaneous tracks will be held, covering all different aspects related to computer vision: Image Formation and Preprocessing; Image and Video Analysis and Understanding; Motion, Tracking and Stereo Vision; and Applications and Services.
1. IMAGE FORMATION AND PREPROCESSING
2. IMAGE AND VIDEO ANALYSIS
3. IMAGE AND VIDEO UNDERSTANDING
4. MOTION, TRACKING AND STEREO VISION
5. APPLICATIONS AND SERVICES
AREA 1: IMAGE FORMATION AND PREPROCESSING
* Image Formation, Acquisition Devices and Sensors
* Device Calibration, Characterization and Modeling
* Multimodal and Multi-sensor Models of Image Formation
* Image Enhancement and Restoration
* Image and Video Coding and Compression
AREA 2: IMAGE AND VIDEO ANALYSIS
* Early and Biologically-inspired Vision
* Color and Texture Analyses
* Shape Representation and Matching
* Features Extraction
* Segmentation and Grouping
* Image Registration
* Visual Attention and Image Saliency
AREA 3: IMAGE AND VIDEO UNDERSTANDING
* Content-based Indexing, Search, and Retrieval
* Machine Learning Technologies for Vision
* Object and Face Recognition
* Object detection and Localization
* Categorization and Scene Understanding
* Face and Expression Recognition
* Event and Human Activity Recognition
* Cognitive Models for Interpretation, Integration and Control
AREA 4: MOTION, TRACKING AND STEREO VISION
* Stereo Vision and Structure from Motion
* Optical Flow and Motion Analyses
* Image-based Modeling and 3D Reconstruction
* Tracking and Visual Navigation
* Active and Robot Vision
* Video Surveillance and Event Detection
* Vision for Robotics
AREA 5: APPLICATIONS AND SERVICES
* Media Watermarking, Security, and Forensics
* Digital Photography and Online Photo Sharing
* Camera Networks and Vision
* Document Imaging in Business
* Entertainment Imaging Applications
* Medical Image Applications
* Pervasive Smart Cameras
* Human and Computer Interaction
VISAPP 2012 will have several invited keynote speakers, who are internationally recognized experts in their areas. Their names are not yet confirmed.
All accepted papers (full, short and posters) will be published in the conference proceedings, under an ISBN reference, on paper and on CD-ROM support.
All papers presented at the conference venue will be available at the SciTePress Digital Library (http://www.scitepress.org/DigitalLibrary/).
A short list of presented papers will be selected so that revised and extended versions of these papers will be published by Springer-Verlag in a CCIS Series book.
The proceedings will be submitted for indexation by Thomson Reuters Conference Proceedings Citation Index, INSPEC, DBLP and EI.
Best paper awards will be distributed during the conference closing session.
Please check the website for further information (http://www.grapp.visigrapp.org/best_paper_awards.asp).
JosÃ© Braz, Polytechnic Institute of SetÃºbal, Portugal
Gabriela Csurka, Xerox Research Centre Europe, France
Conference date: 24-26 February, 2012
Regular Paper Submission: October 11, 2011
Authors Notification (regular papers): December 2, 2011
Final Regular Paper Submission and Registration: December 15, 2011
Address: Av. D. Manuel I, 27A, 2Âº esq.
2910-595 SetÃºbal - Portugal
Tel.: +351 265 520 184
Fax: +44 203 014 5434