Wage and Hour Law: Complying with Federal, State and Local Regulations (HR Training)
Venue: Online Event
|Event Date/Time: Jul 26, 2011||End Date/Time: Jul 26, 2011|
The Department of Labor has added 200 more auditors to handle the increased volume in their investigations of Wage and Hour violations. Additionally, civil lawsuits for Wage and Hour violations are always a threat to business. Violations of Wage and Hour laws have generated astronomical financial judgements against employers. Penalties have been so severe that they have shaken the financial foundations of some of the worldâ€™s most successful companies.
By knowing and understanding Wage and Hour requirements, you can help protect your company from what could be a major financial calamity. This seminar focuses on how to comply with Federal and State requirements as well as some local regulations that have been instituted recently.
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
- Does the Healthcare Reform bill affect Wage & Hour laws?
- Tip credit
- Youth minimum wage (training wage)
- Board and lodging credits
- Living wage rates-Private Sector
- Defining the legal work week and work day
- Calculating overtime: the basics of - calculating overtime correctly
- What is regular rate of pay?
- What is hours worked?
- Posting requirements.