Cal/OSHA Enforcement and Defenses â€“ Recent Changes in the Law (OSHA, Health & Safet)
Venue: Online Event
|Event Date/Time: Jul 26, 2011||End Date/Time: Jul 26, 2011|
Employers in the state of California are generally aware of the unique challenges posed by Cal/OSHA, which has distinctive standards substantially different from federal OSHA rules, more frequent inspections, more serious citations, and much higher penalties for violations than any other state or federal OSHA.
However, many California employers are not aware of recent changes in Cal/OSHA enforcement.
This webinar will cover the four most significant developments in Cal/OSHA enforcement and defense that will have an impact in 2011: AB 2774 with respect to serious citations, multi-employer citations, Injury and Illness Prevention Program standard as a general duty to prevent accidents, and proposed expedited appeals of unabated violations.
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
The following general topics will be covered in this webinar:
- Recent changes in Cal/OSHA enforcement and defenses (2011).
- Criteria for serious violations and changes due to AB 2774.
- Definition of serious physical harm.
Multi-employer citation liability.
- Avoidance of host employer liability.
- I2P2, or Injury and Illness Prevention Programs.
- I2P2 as a general duty to prevent accidents in California.
- Abatement of citation violations.
- Expedited hearings for unabated citations.