SANS San Francisco 2011
|Event Date/Time: Nov 14, 2011||End Date/Time: Nov 19, 2011|
Choose from the following SANS technical hands-on courses:
Audit 407: Foundations of Auditing Information Systems - NEW with James Tarala
Security 401: SANS Security Essentials Bootcamp Style * - (GSEC)
Security 504: Hacker Techniques, Exploits & Incident Handling * - (GCIH) with John Strand
Management 414: SANSÂ® +Sâ„¢ Training Program for the CISSPÂ® Certification Exam * (GISP)
Management 512: SANS Security Leadership Essentials for Managers with Knowledge Compressionâ„¢ * (GSLC) with Eugene Schultz, Ph.D.
Forensics 408: Computer Forensic Investigations - Windows In-Depth (GCFE) with Michael Murr
* Many of these courses are in alignment with DoD Directive 8570 requirements for Baseline IA Certifications. Five courses also have GIAC Certification attempts available. See the GIAC Roadmap for more information.
Register by September 28, 2011, and save $400 on tuition fees. You'll see why SANS is the most trusted source in computer security training, certification, and research. SANS training is well-known for being relevant and pragmatic. All SANS instructors are industry leaders who have proven they understand the challenges you face on a daily basis. Their real-world experience increases the practical value of the course material. Here's what SANS San Francisco 2010 attendees said about the value of SANS training:
"This is valuable for anyone starting a career in information security. SANS 401 focuses on key fundamentals that relate to any job." - Omar Haq, The Boeing Company
"A very good fundamental skill set is developed with this course (FOR408). Highly recommended for any developing incident responders or forensic examiners." - Jamie Fike, Federal Reserve Bank - St. Louis
"The best presentation of cryptography so far - delivered in understandable & logical blocks (MGT414)." - Darrell Shull, BIPAC
"This is probably the most valuable course I've taken to expand my knowledge and perspective in this field (SEC504)." - Joe Compton, Apple
Our host hotel, the Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf has a special discounted SANS rate of $149 S/D, which will be honored based on space availability. Government per diem rooms are available with proper ID; you will need to call reservations and ask for the SANS government rate. These rates include high-speed Internet in your room and are only available through October 28, 2011. With all that there is to do at Fisherman's Wharf, you will have many enjoyable options to keep you busy when you are not in class! From the hotel, you will have easy access to:
- Pier 39, with the Aquarium of the Bay (where you can "Walk with the Sharks") and a wide choice of wonderful eateries (Bubba Gump Shrimp Company, the Crab House at Pier 39, Fog Harbor Fish House, and the Sea Lion CafÃ©, to name just a few)
- Ghirardelli Square, where you'll find great shops and chocolate, chocolate, chocolate
- Alcatraz Island, now part of the U.S. National Park Service and open for tours. Take a ferry ride from Pier 33 and visit The Rock
- The Cannery, an important historical site which is now a hub for shopping, dining, and entertainment
- San Francisco Maritime Museum, where you can let your imagination travel to the 19th Century and visit the Balclutha, an 1886 square rigger, along with six other historic vessels
- Touring the "City by the Bay" by historic cable car - a "must do" when in San Francisco
"Hands-on experience - there is no substitution for it!" - Lucas Sweany, County of Monterey
Come see for yourself - register today for SANS San Francisco 2011.