Modern Synthetic Methods & Chiral Europe: Reaction to Reality
|Event Date/Time: May 13, 2012||End Date/Time: May 16, 2012|
Industry rarely devises new synthetic methods to perform each step in the synthetic route but relies on using and modifying methods which have been discovered within academia. It is therefore essential that the industrial chemist, whether in early research and discovery or process chemistry, is aware of the latest developments in synthetic organic chemistry, so that efficient and practical methods for synthesising new molecules are devised.
Emphasis will be on the state of the art and will provide directions for future work. Industrial chemical case studies where key reactions have been used, either in discovery or in development, will be provided.
The conference proceedings for the event will contain all the lecture presentations with key references to the current literature and will provide a valuable source of data for the future.
Top academic & industrial speakers will provide details of the latest developments in a wide range of topics, including:
â€¢ Asymmetric Hydrogenation and Epoxidation
â€¢ Challenges in Total Synthesis
â€¢ C-C and C-N Bond Forming Reactions
â€¢ Olefin Metathesis
â€¢ Synthesis of Carbocycles and Heterocycles
How will you benefit from attending?
* Invest in yourself: keeping up to date on current developments and future trends could mean greater job security.
* Learn from a wide range of industrial case studies given by hand-picked industrial speakers.
* Take home relevant ideas and information that are directly applicable to your own work, with the full proceedings in colour and a CD of the talks.
* Save time. Our intensive, commercial-free programme means less time away from work.
* Meet and network with the key people in the industry in a relaxed and informal atmosphere