Preparing for the UK Bribery Act - Webinar By ComplianceOnline (Banking and financia)
Venue: Online Event
|Event Date/Time: Aug 02, 2011||End Date/Time: Aug 02, 2011|
Companies with a UK presence (i.e. subsidiaries and/or employees based in the UK) are subject to the UKBA and need to prepare to avoid serious consequences for non-compliance.
The UKBA follows in the footsteps of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) to address bribery of public officials. In addition, it takes the concept a step further by also prohibiting bribery of individuals in commercial entities. This additional provision greatly increases a companyâ€™s exposure and forces companies to take action to implement procedures to curtail bribery. Efforts must include implementing proper internal controls and training employees on expected behavior.
This webinar will dissect the Act and present in clear terms what is expected of Companies as well as suggest steps to prepare your Company to face the Act â€œhead onâ€.
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
- Why the UKBA was Issued.
- Expectations of Companies with a UK Presence.
- Lessons Learned from Failure to Comply with the FCPA.
- Offense for Active and Passive Bribery.
- Offense for Failure to Prevent Bribery.
- Penalties for Non-Compliance with the UKBA.
- â€œAdequate Proceduresâ€ Defense.
- Suggested Steps for Assessing Risk and - Implementing Controls.
Driving Effective Compliance Within Your - Organization.