Information Security and Payment Card Rules: Complying with PCI and HIPAA, and Protecting Patient Pa (HealthCare Training)
Venue: Online Event
|Event Date/Time: Aug 02, 2011||End Date/Time: Aug 02, 2011|
Attendees will learn in this session what the PCI Data Security Standard requires for protection and how the PCI DSS relates to the HIPAA Security Rule -- there are substantial similarities, and being prepared for one helps you prepare for the other, as well as for other requirements, such as breach notification under state and Federal laws. We will discuss how the regulations and standards work and their legal basis, as well as provide up-to-date information on any expected changes.
The session will provide attendees the following tools, benefits, and solutions:
- Health and payment information must be kept securely - learn what is required and what is a good way to attain compliance with multiple regulations.
- HIPAA and PCI have many similarities, but some important differences as well. Keeping your information well controlled can help with both.
- Find out about how you can discover where payment card information is and is not needed, and how to keep it to a minimum so you can limit your exposure to the PCI requirements.
Do you know what to do if your information security is breached? Learn who needs to be notified and why.
- Learn about the latest changes and updates to the PCI Data Security Standard and how they impact you.
- Find out how to create useful and effective security policies and how to document compliance with them.
- Learn what are the first steps to take in attaining compliance with these increasingly important requirements.