New QC Based on Risk Management: A Collaboration between CLIA and CLSI (Laboratory Complianc)
Venue: Online Event
|Event Date/Time: Aug 23, 2012||End Date/Time: Aug 23, 2012|
Why Should You Attend:
Anyone overseeing Quality Control for a CLIA licensed laboratory should learn about the new QC option being implemented this year based on this collaboration between CLIA and CLSI. The document reviewed here provides a road map for â€œdeveloping and maintaining a quality control plan (QCP)â€, founded on the principles of risk management.
This presentation examines QC methods for collecting the essential data needed to conduct a risk assessment and, thus identify areas in processes that may reduce risk. These risk monitors are potentially failure points that may be reduced or eliminated. These QC measures are part of the Quality Management Systemâ€™s Quality System Essential (QSE), Process Management, to continually improve your laboratoryâ€™s testing outcomes.
In addition, the presenter will also review the pros and cons of various tools outlined in the guideline.
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
- Developing this new QC Plan based on Risk Management.
- Where to collect data and information for quality monitors?
- Definition of Risk Management Principals.
- Review of the Lab environment and the clinical application of test results.
- How to use this data to detect trends, identify corrective actions, and promote CQI?
- Pros and cons of the various tools in the Guideline.