2011 Rod Serling Conference at Ithaca College (Serling)
Venue: Ithaca College
|Event Date/Time: Sep 09, 2011||End Date/Time: Sep 10, 2011|
|Registration Date: Sep 09, 2011|
|Early Registration Date: Aug 01, 2011|
- "Turning the White House Black: Thirty-Six Years Before Barak Obama, Rod Serlingâ€™s The Man Brought the First African-American President to Power"
-"That Does Not Compute: Reflecting Technophobia in the Twilight Zone"
-"Character Actors in the Twilight Zone"
-b"God, Conformity and The State in The Twilight Zone"
- "America's Twilight Zone of 1946-1964: The Art of Alien-Nation"
- "A Dimension of Sight, Sound, Mindâ€¦and Gender?: The Twilight Zone
-"Is Anthony of 'Itâ€™s a Good Life' Autistic?"
- "Midnight Never Ends: Revisiting Rod Serlingâ€™s Night Gallery"
- "New Technology and the Twilight Zone"
- "Toyland Terror in the Twilight Zone: The Philosophical Connections of â€˜Five Characters in Search of an Exitâ€™"
- "Paranoia, Intercultural Conflict and Social Inequality: An Analysis of 'The Shelter' and 'The Big Tall Wish'"
- â€œEarth Creature in his Native Habitatâ€: Suburban Alienation in the Twilight Zone
- "Where Else Would You See a Story Like This: H.P. Lovecraft Adapted for Rod Serling's Night Gallery"
- "Twilight Zone (location in the story)"
- "A Stop at Willoughby- A Discussion of TZ Production Standards"
- "Social Justice from the Twilight Zone: Rod Serling as Human Rights Activist"
- "Between Science and Superstition: Prototyping the Future Fetish Object in the Twilight Zone"
- "Montage, Metaphor and Homage to The Twilight Zone: The Christian Performance of Belief in New Media Politics"
"No Time Like the Past: Hearing Nostalgia in The Twilight Zone"
- "Spoken Word Multimedia Presentation"
Employs monologues directly from the series scripts, edited and strung together in a kind of extended Beat-style poem.
- Night Galleryâ€™s Titanic â€œLone Survivorâ€ Episode: An Underwater Archaeologistâ€™s Perspective of a Rod Serling Maritime Story