Employment Law in General Practice (ELP2011)
Venue: Central London (TBC)
|Event Date/Time: Nov 30, 2011||End Date/Time: Nov 30, 2011|
|Registration Date: Nov 29, 2011|
The latest legal guidance to build a complete employment law toolkit and avoid costly claims
Radcliffe Publishingâ€™s inaugural Employment Law in General Practice conference provides a complete employment law package that includes everything you could possibly need to know to ensure that your practice is complying with the law.
- Are you confident that your practice complies with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010?
- Do you feel comfortable calculating annual leave and bank holiday entitlement for part time staff?
- Are you up-to-date with the correct procedures for handling sickness absence?
This is the definitive event for practice managers to ensure you donâ€™t fall foul of handling misconduct issues, calculating holiday entitlement, conducting performance management for over 65â€™s and all the other important areas within employment law. You will have the opportunity to receive bespoke, one-to-one advice on the issues that are pertinent in your practice.
As PCTs are handing over employment law responsibilities to practices, it is now essential for every practice manager in the UK to have an in-depth knowledge of employment law. The number of employment tribunals has increased by nearly 60% in the last year to over 230,000, making it the highest year for employment claims to date.
To avoid unnecessary claims being made against your practice you need to be confident that you are operating within the confines of the law. However this can be very difficult when employment law is constantly facing changes and revisions and you have a myriad of other responsibilities to take care of on a daily basis.
Benefits of attending:
- Receive the latest up-to-date information on how the transition from PCT to Clinical Commissioning Groups will affect your employment law processes
- Develop a concrete understanding of employment law from the basics to advanced disciplinary procedures
- Ensure that you are offering equal rights for agency workers in line with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010
- Understand how to calculate annual leave and bank holiday entitlement for full time, part time and casual staff
- Discover how to handle issues of performance management and age discrimination for members of staff that are over 65
Who should attend:
- Practice Managers
- Deputy and Assistant Practice Managers
- Managing Partners
- Business Partners
- Practice Directors
Employment Law in General Practice
Radcliffe Publishing, 3rd Floor
33-41 Dallington Street