Critical Issues to Consider in Planning for and Providing Telemedicine Programs (HealthCare Training)
Venue: Online Event
|Event Date/Time: Nov 01, 2011||End Date/Time: Nov 01, 2011|
This presentation will review the forces and the barriers to main stream deployment of TeleHealth systems. We will address licensure, compliance, accessibility, quality of data, data ownership, privacy, integration, contingency plan, legal and financial issues.
Through proper planning progress towards the deployment of successful solutions for services such as: extend specialty care, improve quality care, better management of chronic diseases, cost containment, support home care, education/promotion for healthy behavior, and serving needs of remote communities can be made.
This webinar will help you understand system integration options and how to select the best fit for your organization while achieving compliance with requirements for performance by developers, integrators, users and payers.
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
This presentation will cover:
- Telehealth components and the contribution of each to the overall quality of service.
- End-to-end telehealth connectivity identifying various stake holders responsibility.
- Basic technical terms and their importance for achieving regulatory, licensure and clinical compliance.
- Telehealth systems and services come in different flavors and we will analyze and contrast few of them.
- Impact of mobility tools (smart phone, tablet, smart pump, robotics) on administrative issues like privacy and accountability.
- Legal considerations as they relate to remote telemedical programs.
- Literature review of telehealth program impact on clinical outcomes.