California Wage and Hour Compliance: Payroll Unique to the Golden State! (HR Compliance)
Venue: Online Event
|Event Date/Time: Sep 27, 2011||End Date/Time: Sep 27, 2011|
The information provided in this program will help the attendee to understand the complexities surrounding California Wage and Hour Law - Compliance and how it affects the function of any payroll department or company that has employees in California.
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
- Wage orders: How to determine which of the 17 wages orders applies to your company?
- Overtime: CA has daily and weekly overtime and daily and weekly double time. Learn how to determine when its straight time, overtime or double time.
- Alternative workweeks: Are your employees eligible to have alternative workweeks and are employers required to offer them?
- Minimum Wage: How do credits for meals and lodging or tips affect the current minimum wage for the state?
- On call pay: Does CA require it for all employees all the time?
Reporting or show up pay: does the employer owe - wages to any employee for just showing up to work? Even if there is no work to be performed?
Split shifts: Is there a monetary requirements to pay the employee extra if they work a split shift?
- What are the requirements for posters and payday notices?
- What must be included in the employee's paystub and what must be excluded?
- What notices are required to be given to employees upon hire or if they are laid off or terminated. What if they go on leave of absence?
- How often must employees be paid in CA? Does it apply to all categories of employees?
- What methods are permitted to pay employees? Are there rules for direct deposit? Can employees be paid by payroll debit card?
- What are the rules for paying out the final paycheck if an employee is terminated? Are they the same if the employee quits? How does either one affect the vacation time left on the books?