african utility week 2012 (AUW 2012)
Venue: Expo Centre, Johannesburg
|Event Date/Time: May 21, 2012||End Date/Time: May 24, 2012|
TRANSMISSION & DISTRIBUTION: Efficient transmission and distribution on a well maintained and planned grid is vital to the economic development of Africa. Africaâ€™s leading energy infrastructure event addresses the success of private participation and unbundling, the role of power pools and the potential of the smart grid.
METERING AFRICA: Metering, Billing/CRM Africa is the foremost metering and customer relationship management event in Africa. Presentations encompass all aspects of metering â€“ from essentials of pre-paid meter installations, meter data management, AMR and AMI programmes to smart billing options. This is the only place in Africa where all aspects of traditional and smart metering and customer service management are covered.
RENEWABLE ENERGY AFRICA: Renewable Energy Africa will give an overview of the role of renewable energy in your energy mix â€“ overcoming your concerns about the cost effectiveness of technologies and examining ways to increase application in your utility environment.
WATER UTILITIES AFRICA: Water Utilities Africa showcases best practises in revenue management and loss management, acknowledging the role of private participation and the importance of a comprehensive water security plan â€“ all combining to realise the service delivery and efficency of your water utility.
LARGE POWER USERS: Increasing emphasis on energy efficiency and demand management, particular by large industry, gives added importance to this new breakout session. Examine the effect of increased challenges of demand and supply and understand the impact that this will have on your operational costs and plant efficiency. Get practical advice on maintaining output levels while decreasing electricity costs.
POWER INDABA: An executive meeting forum for ministerial delegations, high level power executives, policymakers and international financiers. Discussions focus on encouraging investment into Africaâ€™s power sector by enhancing understanding of investment challenges, requirements and the importance of bringing feasible power projects to financial close. Project overview discussions will highlight the opportunities available in Africa.
10 reasons why you cannot afford not to participate in the singular must-attend event for the power and water utilities industry in Africa:
1. The biggest power utilities gathering in Africa
2. Choose from a multi-track program offering inside expertise and get return on investments from the solutions and technologies presented
3. Visit the largest power exhibition in Africa showcasing the latest industry technologies
4. Smart sessions â€“ Fast track learning in one week
5. Meet industry experts that have the answers to a better-run utility
6. From grid to socket: best practices for effective power supply
7. Get answers from the industry's principal manufacturers
8. You won't meet the same "usual suspects" who speak at almost every event. We've gathered together an industry-elite group of real-world doers" to share their expertise
9. Hands-on training for participants. Find out about tested solutions and techniques from the industry's leading experts
10. Gain perspective through strategic keynote addresses focusing on the state of the industry as well as emerging trends