Material Technologies and Modeling (MMT2012)
Venue: Ariel University Center
|Event Date/Time: Aug 20, 2012||End Date/Time: Aug 23, 2012|
|Registration Date: Aug 20, 2012|
|Early Registration Date: Jul 01, 2012|
|Abstract Submission Date: Jun 01, 2012|
|Paper Submission Date: Jul 01, 2012|
- Metal technologies
- Optimization of materials and processes in ferrous and non-ferrous metals and alloys, welding and other processing technologies;
- Structure and properties of metal and slag melts: analyses and predictions of the phase diagrams, modeling of the thermodynamic and kinetic properties;
- Simulation of the thermodynamic and kinetics of metallurgical reactions, phase interaction.
- Development of new materials;
- Phase transformation, diffusion, physical and mechanical properties;
- Design and production of materials with required structure and properties;
- Study of properties of various materials. Techniques, ideas, generalizations.
- Special technological solutions;
- Coatings and surface modification
- Micro-arc oxidation (plasma electrolytic oxidaion) technology;
- Corrosion and erosion protection, abrasion stability etc.;
- Databases and knowledge bases on material technologies and their implementation;
- Advanced polymer technologies
- Patterning with evaporated polymer solutions, self-assembly and self-organization with polymer solutions, structured polymer surfaces;
- Wetting phenomena
- Fundamentals of wettabilty, experimental techniques intended for investigation of wetting
- Contact angle hysteresis: experiment and theory, spreading and super-spreading
- The phenomenon of superhydrophobicity: experiment, theory, applications, electrowetting, superhydrophilicity
- Wetting transitions, surfaces with a tunable wettability, modification of wettability with plasma, non-stick droplets, liquid marbles.
- Interface phenomena at micro- and nano-structured surfaces
- Micro- and nano-structured organic and non-organic surfaces, manufacturing, characterization and properties
- Self-assembly and self-organization. "Breath figures" self-assembly
- Biomimetic surfaces, gecko- and shark-skin effects
- Soft lithography. Moth-eye effect.
- Nanomaterials and nano-structures
- Two-, one- and zero-dimensional systems;
- New materials;
- Concepts and techniques.
- Green Technologies
- Domestic and industrial buildings, materials and equipment;
- Alternative energy and energy saving;
- Solar heating and air-conditioning;
- Waste-water purification;
- Waste utilization.
(before July 1, 2012)
(July 1 - Aug. 20, 2012)
|Regular||350 USD||400 USD|
|Invited Speaker||200 USD||230 USD|
|Student||100 USD||120 USD||Bachelor, Master or PhD student. Not applicable for PostDocs. Student proof must be provided with the registration form.|
|Young Scientist||150 USD||175 USD||Holder of a PhD Degree, younger than 40 years old.|