BUCHAREST CONFERENCE IN APPLIED ETHICS 2011 â€œEthical Aspects in New and Emerging Technologiesâ€ (BCAE 2011)
|Event Date/Time: Oct 28, 2011||End Date/Time: Oct 29, 2011|
|Registration Date: Oct 07, 2011|
|Early Registration Date: Sep 23, 2011|
|Abstract Submission Date: Sep 23, 2011|
|Paper Submission Date: Oct 07, 2011|
1. INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGIES & GAMES: privacy issues; piracy and free access to knowledge; digital divide; Information Society and public participation; Informational Capitalism vs. Info-Communism; aesthetic ownership in games; on-line pornography and regulating the Internet; the new Internet security enhancements.
2. MEDICINE & PHARMACEUTICS: BioBanks and Human Genetic Information Security; ethical aspects of Cell Therapies; new drugs research ethical evaluation.
3. ROBOTICS & ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE: the proliferation of robots in industries and the social impact on labour; the proliferation of robots in home environments; robots, humans and moral agency; robot enhanced reality; interconnected sexual robots.
4. BIOTECHNOLOGIES & ARTIFICIAL LIFE: Bioengineered foods, food safety and moral concerns; seeds and food labelling; bio-terrorism and moral use of biotechnologies; artificial life and moral agency.
5. NANOTECHNOLOGIES: military vs. civil research and usage of nanotechnologies; human enhancement; privacy and freedom in ICT applications of nanotechnologies; ethical responsibilities in nanotechnology research.
Companies and their representatives are encouraged to participate with conference lectures or presentation panels about their technologies and the ethical frameworks they employ in assessing their technologies. Special panel sessions (2 days show cases) and conference open space will be provided to them. Live presentations of their technologies can be set up during the 2 days. Refer to â€œCompany packageâ€ from our website. Inquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.