IET Video Data Analysis seminar
Venue: Savoy Place
|Event Date/Time: Nov 28, 2011||End Date/Time: Nov 28, 2011|
|Registration Date: Nov 28, 2011|
|Early Registration Date: Sep 26, 2011|
|Abstract Submission Date: Oct 10, 2011|
|Paper Submission Date: Nov 28, 2011|
A one day seminar taking place on Monday 28th November in Central London, the pithy format of this event will represent a great opportunity for industrialists to hear from, and speak directly with a broad spectrum of their end-users, and give academics working on in this field, a platform from which to present their short to near-term future technology developments across video data capture, storage and visualisation.
Your speaker line-up includes
â€¢ SEMINAR CHAIRMAN: Simon Maskell, Technical Manager, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance, QinetiQ
â€¢ Neil Cohen, Head of Dept for Video Evidence Analysis, Home Office Scientific Dept - Counter Terrorism
â€¢ Professor Shaogang (Sean) Gong, Queen Mary University London
â€¢ Dr Gavin Powell, Fusion Engineer, EADS Innovation Works
â€¢ Dr Moira Smith, Managing Director, Waterfall Solutions
Seminar topic focus
Gathering video data
- Addressing the interconnectivity of cameras that are connected wirelessly, and as well as those that are broadband enabled
- Storing video data without losing image quality â€“ could cloud be the next generation in video surveillance storage?
- Handling large volumes of raw data captured by IP cameras
- Making data searchable using robust algorithms â€“ identifying the most appropriate algorithm for the situation
Real-time search and visualisation
- Developing real-time video data searching and visualisation tools
- Combining data from different sources and ensuring its interoperability
- Enabling the sharing of data between organisations
Applications of video data analysis technologies
- Ensuring the safety of transport networks
- Developing standards for CCTV
- Using video data analysis to manage crowds â€“ human factors, pose estimation and behavioural analysis
- Social media â€“ the people tracking tool â€“ tracking the virtual (iCrowd)
Reasons to attend
â€¢ Engage with the full spectrum of the video data analysis community: industry, end-users and academics.
â€¢ Hear direct from the wide range of end-users of these technologies: the rail industry, the Police and a number of government organisations.
â€¢ Gain unbeatable access to experts who make video data analysis possible, and voice your requirements to help shape the future of video data analytics
- Make your case for the next developments in video data analysis to the experts who can truly deliver on your requirements
Be a part of it!
More than a â€˜sit and listenâ€™ day, a key feature of the Video Data Analysis seminar is our Call for Posters. Itâ€™s free to submit your abstract, and in doing so, you have the chance to be accepted to share your research in this area in the form of a poster, with everyone who attends.
Submit your one page abstract via email to the Video Data Analysis Event Producer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates for your diary
Submission deadline for abstracts
Monday 10 October 2011
Notification of provisional acceptance
Monday 31 October 2011
Sponsoring or exhibiting at this seminar will place your organisation in a unique position to promote your brand, your products and services and position your company as the key player within this industry sector.
The IET uses an extensive marketing campaign to inform our members and relevant database contacts of our events programme to ensure the highest attendance and quality of guests.
This seminar will be of particular relevant to those working in security, defence, transport and healthcare.
To discuss the sponsorship opportunities available at this seminar, please contact:
Sponsorship Sales Executive
T: +44 (0)1438 765 571
F: +44 (0)1438 765 515