Technoport Renewable Energy Research Conference 2012 (Technoport RERC)
|Event Date/Time: Apr 16, 2012||End Date/Time: Apr 18, 2012|
|Registration Date: Apr 17, 2012|
|Early Registration Date: Feb 26, 2012|
|Abstract Submission Date: Oct 29, 2011|
|Paper Submission Date: Feb 20, 2012|
During Technoport RERC 2012, scientists from all areas of environment-friendly energy research will have an opportunity to give an update and discuss recent technological and scientific achievements in 12 parallel sessions. The parallell sessions will include both oral and poster presentations. There will also be plenary sessions, organized as Technoport Talks.
The parallell sessions will cover the following topics:
- Sustainable built environment
- Solar energy
- Wind energy
- Marine energy
- Bioenergy and fuels
- Energy systems â€“ smart grids
- Innovation in transition to a green economy
- Sustainability assessment of energy technologies
- The role of technology and engineering in sustainable energy transitions: Social science perspectives
- Transition technologies
In addition, the following three themes will be addressed by all sessions:
- Transition strategies: This theme aims to shed light on approaches to implement emerging energy systems and technologies into the traditional systems; possibilities, material limitations, global potential and suitability, external conditions etc.
- Combating poverty with environment-friendly energy: How can the different energy systems and technologies contribute to â€œenergy for allâ€?
- Compatibility: Interactions between traditional and renewable energy sources; technological solutions and systems thinking in global, regional and local perspectives.
Technological, societal, economical and environmental impacts of the transition to a green economy will be summarised from the parallel sessions and debated with politicians and industrialists during the Technoport Summit on the last day of the conference.