The Sixth International Symposium on Rules (RuleML 2012)
|Event Date/Time: Aug 27, 2012||End Date/Time: Aug 29, 2012|
|Abstract Submission Date: Apr 15, 2012|
|Paper Submission Date: Apr 15, 2012|
RuleML 2012 will be the host of the 7th AIS SigPrag International Conference on Pragmatic Web (ICPW 2012).
RuleML-2012@ECAI is a research-based, industry-focused symposium: its main goal is to build a bridge between academia and industry in the field of rules and semantic technology, and so to stimulate the cooperation and interoperability between business and research, by bringing together rule system providers, participants in rule standardization efforts, open source communities, practitioners, and researchers. The concept of the symposium has also advanced continuously in the face of extremely rapid progress in practical rule and event processing technologies. As a result, RuleML-2012 will feature hands-on demonstrations and challenges alongside a wide range of thematic tracks. It will thus be an exciting venue to exchange new ideas and experiences on all issues related to the engineering, management, integration, interoperation, and interchange of rules in distributed enterprise intranets and open distributed environments.
We invite you to share your ideas, results, and experiences: as an industry practitioner, rule system provider,
technical expert and developer, rule user or researcher, exploring foundations, developing systems and applications, or using rule-based systems.
We invite high-quality submissions related to (but not limited to) one or more of the following topics:
* Rules and Automated Reasoning
* Logic Programming and Non-monotonic Reasoning
* Int. Conference track on Pragmatic Web (see track description below)
* Rule-Based Policies, Reputation and Trust
* Rule-based Event Processing and Reaction Rules
* Fuzzy Rules and Uncertainty
* Rule Transformation, Extraction and Learning
* Vocabularies, Ontologies, and Business rules
* Rules in online-market research and online marketing
* Rule Markup Languages and Rule Interchange
* General Rule Topics
The RuleML2012 Conference is also hosting
- The 7th AIS SigPrag International Conference Track on Pragmatic Web, http://www.pragmaticweb.info/
- The RuleML2012 Doctoral Consortium: http://2012.ruleml.org/phdconsortium
- The 6th International Rule Challenge: http://2012.ruleml.org/rulechallenge
Int. Conference on Pragmatic Web (ICPW 2012)
The conference track on PRAGMATIC WEB is part of RuleML-2012 and centred around the study of "pragmatics"
in the Semantic Web. That is, it draws attention to how communicative actions are performed by agents via
Web media and illuminates how mutual understanding and commitments to actions can evolve in (agent) conversations.
This year the Pragmatic Web conference track has a special focus on the applications of rule-based technologies
and AI agent technologies for the Pragmatic Web. Topics of Interest include one or more of the following
topics (but are not limited to):
* Rule-Based Distributed/Multi-Agent Systems
* Rules, Agents and Norms
* Rule-Based Communication, Dialogue and Argumentation Models
* Vocabularies / ontologies for pragmatic primitives (e.g. speech acts, deontic primitives)
* Pragmatic Web reasoning and distributed rule inference / rule execution