Electric Vehicles Virtual Summit 2011 (EVVS2011)
Venue: 100% online
|Event Date/Time: Dec 08, 2011||End Date/Time: Dec 08, 2011|
|Registration Date: Dec 08, 2011|
|Early Registration Date: Nov 25, 2011|
Yet as this industry develops, key issues remain:
- What impact will EVs have on the electric grid? How can utilities best prepare?
- When will advances in battery technology bring improved performance and cost reduction?
- How will standards, public policy, and regulations drive the EV market?
- How can the industry best overcome "range anxiety"?
- What key technology advances are coming online in the near to mid term?
- What is the realistic market potential for EVs over the coming years?
The Electric Vehicles Virtual Summit on Thursday, December 8 is a one-day, 100% online conference that will
examine these key questions in depth. The goal is to gain an up-to-date understanding of the latest
trends affecting the
rollout of EVs and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles, and how best to make it happen.
Topics to be addressed include:
-- Latest advances in EV battery and recharging technology
-- Charging infrastructure busuness models, communications networks, and billing strategies
-- Impact of EV rollout on utilities and the grid
-- Standards progress for plug interoperability
-- Integration of charging stations with existing service station infrastructure
-- Latest EV design and state of enabling technologies
-- Consumer preferences, requirements, and market trends
-- EV pilots to date: key take-aways and lessons learned
-- Plug-in EVs and the emerging smart grid
-- Public policy and regulatory developments affecting EVs
-- Key automaker strategies for EV development and rollout
-- The future of drivetrain technology and the "green" auto
Who Should Attend?
The Electric Vehicles Virtual Summit is tailored for professionals from a wide range of industry sectors:
- Utility Professionals -- who need to understand how the plug-in electric vehicle will impact today's grid, and how best to prepare for it
- Project Developers and Planners -- who need to know how best to design, finance, and build successful
charging station facilities
- Policy Makers and Regulators -- who need to gain a clear and realistic picture of the role of electric vehicles in
public sector transportation
- Investors -- who are looking to evaluate key opportunities and market drivers in the
global electric vehicles
- Automakers and Suppliers -- who need to keep up to speed on the latest enabling technologies and projected grid impact of PEVs
- Infrastructure Equipment Vendors -- who need to stay current on the technology requirements and optimal strategies for EV charging and support infrastructure
- Consultants & System Integrators -- who need to learn best practices, business models, and strategies for executing a successful EV deployment
A Highly Interactive, Global Networking Experience
The 100% online format of the Electric Vehicles Virtual Summit enables industry professionals from around the world to attend sessions easily and conveniently. Powered by the Cisco WebEx platform, the live format of the Virtual Summit ensures maximum interaction among attendees and presenters, for a unique, cost-effective, and in-depth networking experience. To learn more, click here.
- Access to all sessions
- Access to live Q&A, chat room, and teleconference interaction with speakers and fellow attendees
- Access to .PDF versions of the presentations
- Access to on-demand recorded versions of the sessions for three months
- Complimentary subscription to The Smart Grid Observer (SGO) weekly e-newsletter