Australasian Association of Bioethics and Health Law (AABHL)
Venue: VIaduct Centre, Auckland
|Event Date/Time: Jul 12, 2012||End Date/Time: Jul 14, 2012|
|Registration Date: Jul 26, 2012|
|Early Registration Date: Mar 21, 2012|
|Abstract Submission Date: Mar 05, 2012|
AABHL was formed in 2009 from the amalgamation of the two leading Australasian organisations concerned with bioethical issues: the Australasian Bioethics Association and the Australian and New Zealand Institute of Health Law and Ethics, both established in the early 1990s.
AABHLâ€™s main aims are to:
- Advance the study of bioethics and health law in Australasia;
- Increase public awareness of bioethics and health law issues;
- Promote public debate and to facilitate communication with and to the public, governments, organisations and the media about bioethics and health law issues;
- Fund, promote and conduct research on bioethics and health law;
- Hold an annual conference and regular state-based activities as a means of furthering bioethics and health law education and debate;
- Provide an information resource and to liaise with other bodies with similar aims;
- Provide bioethics and health law education and to support scholarship.