FIFTH INTERNATIONAL NURSING CONFERENCE,KUWAIT,2012 (PROFESSIONAL ACCREDI)
|Event Date/Time: Oct 21, 2012||End Date/Time: Oct 24, 2012|
|Registration Date: Oct 17, 2012|
|Early Registration Date: Jul 31, 2012|
|Abstract Submission Date: Mar 30, 2012|
|Paper Submission Date: Oct 21, 2012|
PROFESSIONAL ACCREDITATION IN NURSING: A PATHWAY TO EXCELLENCE
50th ANNIVERSARY OF INSTITUTE OF NURSING
1. To increase awareness on the concept of professional accreditation in nursing.
2. To introduce the criteria of Nursing Professional Accreditation.
3. To focus on the Standards of Professional Classification.
4. To enhance the quality of Nursing and Nursing education.
5. To encourage nurse educators, health professionals towards studies & research.
6. To Provide an opportunity for experts in the field to share experiences and establish collaborations at National, Regional and International levels .
7. To Develop strategies to improve quality of nursing and nursing education towards accreditation
Themes for scientific session
1. Current Concepts of professional accreditation in Nursing education and Nursing Profession.
a. Criteriaâ€™s for professional accreditation.
b. The roles of organizations, educational institutions and regulatory bodies in professional accreditation.
c. Requirements for professional accreditation.
2. Categorization and classification of professional accreditation.
a. Categorization Of the nursing profession at National,Regional, and International levels.
b. Classification of the nursing personnel .
c. Requirements for licensing.
3. Quality assurance in Nursing education and Nursing profession
a. Role of nurse educators , instructors, in service trainers towards professional accreditation.
b. Use of technology in teaching as a requirement for professional accreditation.
c. Criteria for total quality management (Administrative, clinical and research )in nursing.
d. Strategies for development of educators, nursing personnel towards professional accreditation.
4. Importance of scientific research in professional accreditation.
a. Role of institutions in encouraging and supporting Nurseeducators and nursing personnel to be involved in research projects.
b. Role of research in performance appraisals.
5.The National,Regional and International experiences of professional accreditation in nursing.
a. Models of accreditation.
b. Barriers to accreditation