International Conference on Social Robotics (ICSR2012)
|Event Date/Time: Oct 29, 2012||End Date/Time: Oct 30, 2012|
|Paper Submission Date: May 01, 2012|
Call For Papers - 1st Call
29-30 October 2012
Official Web Page: www.icsoro.org
Invited Session Proposal Submission: 1 April 2012
Regular/Invited Paper Submission: 15 May 2012
Demonstration Proposal Submission: 6 June 2012
Notification of Paper Acceptance: 15 July 2012
Final Manuscript Submission: 15 August 2012
Registration, Social Tour and Reception Party: 28 October 2012
Conference: 29-30 October 2012
ICSR2012 Theme: Wellness
The International Conference on Social Robotics brings researchers and practitioners together to report and discuss the latest progress in the field of social robotics. The ICSR conferences focus on the interaction between humans and robots and the integration of robots into our society.
The theme of the 2012 conference is "Wellness." This theme gives focus on the potential and capabilities of social robots to assist humans achieve better physical, mental and emotional health and wellness. The conference aims to foster discussion on the development of computational models, robotic embodiments, and behavior that enable social robots to have an impact on the human partner's health and well-being.
The conference welcomes original, peer reviewed papers and contributions describing technically rigorous scientific and philosophical advances in social robots, and their interactions and communications with humans, especially innovative ideas and concepts, new discoveries and improvements, as well as novel applications on the latest fundamental advances in the core technologies that form the backbone of social robotics, distinguished developmental projects, as well as seminal works in aesthetic design, ethics and philosophy, studies on social impact and influence pertaining to social robotics, and its interaction and communication with human being and its social impact on our society.
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to the following:
- Applications in health care and aged care
- Rehabilitation robotics
- Biomechatronics, neuro-robotics, and biomedical robotics
- Socially assistive robotics
- Affective and cognitive sciences for socially interactive robots
- Exoskeletons in human-robot interactions
- Robots to assist persons with disabilities
- Personal robots for the home
- Human-robot interaction and robot-robot interaction
- Social acceptance and impact in the society
- Robot ethics in human society
- Context awareness, expectation and intention understanding
- Design philosophies and socially appealing design methodologies
- Human factors and ergonomics in human-robot interactions
- Intelligent control and artificial intelligence for social robotics
- Information acquisition and decision making
- Interaction and collaboration between robots, humans and environments
- Multimodal sensor fusion and communication
- Compliance, safety and compatibility in the design of social robots "living" with humans
- Software architecture and development tools
- Models of human and animal social behavior as applied to robots
- Applications in education, entertainment and gaming
SUBMISSION OF PAPERS
Submissions must be made in the PDF format and follow the Springer LNCS/LNAI style for the layout. LNCS style templates are available on the Springer LNCS website. Manuscripts are limited to ten (10) A4 size papers. Detailed instructions for paper submission are available at www.icsoro.org. All papers will be refereed by the program committee.
Conference proceedings will be published by Springer. Selected papers will be invited for publication as a Special Issue in the International Journal of Social Robotics.
Participants can submit proposals for invited sessions that consist of a collection of invited papers with a common theme. Proposals for invited sessions consist of (1) a proposed title for the session; (2) a brief 2-3 paragraph summary for the session explaining the goal of the session and the overarching themes of the invited papers; and (3) a list of papers with contributing authors and tentative abstracts for the papers.
Participants who would like to exhibit their interactive demonstrations at the conference site please prepare 1 page summary about the demonstration and email firstname.lastname@example.org. Exhibition booth will be allocated to demonstrations approved by the ICSR2012 organizing committee.
ROBOT DESIGN COMPETITION
There will be a competition to draw creative ideas on industrial designs in social or service robotics. Prizes will be awarded to the shortlisted designs.
Information about the submission of proposals, templates and arrangement information are available at the conference's website www.icsoro.org.
We look forward to meeting you at ICSR 2012 in Chengdu.