1st European Workshop on Ambient Mass Spectrometry and Related Mass Spectrometry-Based Techniques in (RAFA AMS workshop)
|Event Date/Time: Jun 18, 2012||End Date/Time: Jun 20, 2012|
|Registration Date: Jun 10, 2012|
|Early Registration Date: Apr 15, 2012|
|Abstract Submission Date: May 25, 2012|
The workshop program will comprise presentations by ICT, RIKILT and other invited international experts (final list will be provided in March) specialized in applications listed below. Tailor made solutions as well as troubleshooting issues will be interactively discussed; strategies applicable for interpretation of generated data will be also thoroughly addressed.
- CHEMICAL SAFETY CONTROL (residues / contaminants / toxicants)
- AUTHENTICITY / TRACEABILITY / FRAUD
- FORENSICS (food / nutraceuticals / environmental matrices)
- METABOLOMICS (fingerprinting / profiling)
Vendor seminars and exhibitions will be organized within the event.
Poster session will give a floor for presentations and discussions of participantsÂ´ research in areas relevant to the workshop topics.
The workshop will focus on both the theory and practical application strategies documented on real-life matrices / case studies; the tentative list of MS-based instrumental platforms that will be presented is as follows:
- Direct Analysis in Real Time (DART) coupled to a high-resolution MS (time-of-flight, TOF or orbitrap-MS)
- Atmospheric Solids Analysis Probe (ASAP) coupled to quadrupole/TOFMS in combination with ion mobility
- Liquid Extraction Surface Analysis (LESA) coupled to a quadrupole/TOFMS
- Ultra-high-performance liquid chromatography (UHPLC) coupled to high-resolution MS/MS
- (Comprehensive two-dimensional) gas chromatography coupled to TOFMS
- Direct infusion-high resolution MS