1st International INFINITY Project Workshop
|Event Date/Time: Jun 11, 2012||End Date/Time: Jun 11, 2012|
|Paper Submission Date: Apr 10, 2012|
1st International INFINITY Project Workshop -
June 11th, 2012
- The event is endorsed by the European Alliance for Innovation (www.eai.eu), a leading community-based organization devoted to the advancement of innovation in the field of ICT
- Accepted infrastructure descriptions will be published on INFINITY's website and infrastructure descriptions will be fed into INFINITY's repository.
CALL FOR INFRASTUCTURES
The 1st international INFINITY Project Workshop will be held in conjunction with the 8th international Conference on Testbeds and Research Infrastructures for the Development of Networks and Communities - TRIDENTCOM 2012, which will be held in Thessaloniki, Greece, 11-13 of June 2012, with the aim of gathering information on the existing research testbeds in Europe.
The INfrastructures for the Future Internet commuNITY project - INFINITY - www.fi-infinity.eu - aims at identifying, analyzing and cataloguing existing and emerging experimental infrastructures, with the objective of creating a new repository of FI infrastructure capabilities and capacities that facilitates the creation of an international community working together to deliver the Future Internet.
Infrastructure owners responding to this call have the chance of promoting their testbed facilities to the community of researchers, to exchange their experiences with other infrastructure owners and to be included in the upcoming INFINITY Project's infrastructure repository
Prospective authors are invited to submit high quality infrastructure descriptions through our pre-built online tools, providing information about the facilities' resources and technologies, types of networks, applications and services, interoperability capabilities, availability, commercial status, usage restrictions and limitations, usage areas and application sectors. Further information includes security services, types of coverage and scale, previous utilizations as well as typical types of utilization. Also information about planned improvements and planned evolution of the infrastructure is highly relevant.
- Wired and wireless infrastructures
- Satellite network infrastructures
- Broadcast network infrastructures
- Ubiquitous network and sensor infrastructures
- Experimental facilities for large scale experimentation
- Next Generation Internet infrastructures
- Next Generation optical network infrastructures
- GRID, Cloud, P2P and overlay infrastructures
- Smart home, smart energy, smart grid, smart city infrastructures
- eHealth, eGovernment, eTransport, eMobility, eLearning infrastructures
- Media and content delivery & distribution network infrastructures
- Living Labs
- Rural and urban ICT infrastructures
- Smart City ICT infrastructures
[Publishing and indexing]
Accepted infrastructure descriptions will be published on INFINITY's website and infrastructure descriptions will be fed into INFINITY's repository.
Selected infrastructure owners / representatives will furthermore have the chance to publish a 2-page extended abstract about their infrastructures in ACM Digital Library.
[Infrastructure description submission]
Infrastructures should be described through INFINITY's pre-built online tools. For detailed submission instructions and access to the online system, please contact the INFINITY workshop organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate whether you already participate in INFINITY's infrastructure survey. We are looking forward to your participation!
For further information please contact the organizing committee at email@example.com
submission deadline: April 1, 2012
Notification date: April 20, 2012
Camera ready deadline:
Workshop date: August 11, 2012
[Conference organising committees]
Florian Schreiner, FhG FOKUS, Germany
Elio Salvadori, Create-Net, Italy
Mike Surridge, IT-Innovation, UK
Pedro Luis Chas Alonso, UPM, Spain
Roger Williams, ERISA, Belgium
Future Publications / Web Chair:
Roger Williams, ERISA, Belgium
EAI Conference Manager:
Ruzanna Najaryan, EAI, Italy