|Event Date/Time: Aug 07, 2012|
1st International Workshop on SON -
August 8-9, 2012
- The event is endorsed by the European Alliance for Innovation (www.eai.eu), a leading community-based organisation devoted to the advancement of innovation in the field of ICT
- ll accepted and presented papers will be included in the conference proceedings, made available in IEEE Xplore, as well as in the ICST's own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
- IEEE Proceedings are submitted for inclusion to EI Engineering Index (Compendex), Google Scholar, ISI Proceedings. See http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/Xplorehelp/Help_Publishing_and_Indexing_Partners.htm for more information about indexing.
CALL FOR PAPERS
International Workshop on SON (SON2012) will be held in conjunction with CHINACOM 2012 in Kunming, China, August 8-9, 2011. Accepted and presented papers will be included in the CHINACOM2012 conference Proceedings and IEEE Xplore (pending), and submitted to EI for indexing. Good accepted papers will be recommended to the SCI-indexed journal.
The objective of this workshop is to provide a forum for researchers and technologists to present new ideas and contributions in the form of technical papers, panel discussions and tutorials of ideas in the field of self-organization-networking (SON). It is intended to bring together mobile communications and RAN researchers to discuss the current status, technical challenges, fundamental issues, and future applications in the form of technical sessions and tutorials.
SON 2012 seeks to address and capture highly innovative and state of the art research from the IMT-Advanced and distributed wireless systems. The scope of the workshop includes a wide range of technical challenges in view of the growing interest for self-planning, self-configuration, self-optimization, self-healing, and etc.
Original contributions previously unpublished are solicited in relevant areas including (but not limited to) the following:
- SON architecture: centralized, decentralized, and hybrid SON operations
- Self-Configuration: Plug-and-play, Identity Management, Automatic Neighbor Relation setup, Management of non-unique physical cell identities, IP address and VLAN ID management.
- Self-Optimization: Random access optimization, Load balancing within and between radio access technologies, Interference management, Mobility Robustness Optimization, Coverage and Capacity Optimization; Node load balancing, Tracking area optimization, Quality of Service Management, Transport Path Optimization, Green approaches and energy efficiency mechanisms.
- Self-Healing: Cell outage detection and compensation, alarm correlation.
- Self-clustering: clustering algorithms based on tradeoff between energy and capacity, hierarchical clustering protocols etc.
- Middleware of SON: self-localization, security, data fusion, etc.
- Supporting SON functions and technologies: Minimization of Drive-tests, SON coordination.
- SON in heterogeneous networks: self-organizing picocells, femtocells, and relay nodes
- Field trials and demonstrators: Test bed activities and experiences from field trials; Experience of first deployments of SON features implemented in products.
Prospective Authors are encouraged to submit a 5-page IEEE conference style paper (including all text, figures, and references) through EasyChair submission system (http://www.easychair.org/).
All accepted and presented papers will be published together with ChinaCom 2012 proceedings and available on IEEE eXplore database and indexed by Engineering Information (EI). (pending)
Paper submission due: April 15, 2012
Notification date: June 15, 2012
Camera-ready due: July 1, 2012
Registration due: July 1, 2012
Conference date: Aug. 7, 2012
[Conference organising committees]
Mugen Peng, Beijing University of Posts & Telecommunications, China
Su Xin, Tsinghua University, China
Li Wenyu, China Academy of Telecommunication Research, China
Prof. Wen Xiangming, BUPT, China
Prof. Feng Zhiyong, BUPT, China
Prof. Shi Jinlin, Institute of Computing Technology, CAS, China
Prof. Mo Yijun, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
Prof.Wang Ya Feng, BUPT, China
Dr. Zheng Wei, BUPT, China
Dr.Zeng Jie, Tsinghua University, China
Dr.Jin ba, China Mobile, China
Dr. Zhao JInbo, China Datang Mobile, China