5th Annual Defeating IEDs Training Workshops (CIED2012)
Event Date/Time: Nov 28, 2012
End Date/Time: Nov 30, 2012
Early Registration Date:
Jun 01, 2012
Improvised explosive devices (IEDs) have proven to be an effective and increasingly preferred weapon by insurgents, primarily in Iraq and later in Afghanistan, along with many other hotspots around the world. Since 2009, the number of worldwide IED events has doubled. Outside of Iraq and Afghanistan, Colombia has seen the greatest number of IED events, followed by Pakistan, India, the United States and Russia. Even in the era of defence spending cuts, countries are still looking to acquire counter-IED systems to address this persistent menace. IEDs being cheap and relatively easy to make with widely available material are expected to remain a threat in current and future conflicts.
Returning for its fifth year, MKDSâ€™ CIED Training workshops and exhibition will once again lead the way in providing the latest overview of in-theater Route Clearance operations, Attacking the Network, and the use of Home Made Explosives (HME) in conflict areas and in the homeland. The event will be held in Brussels, Belgium on November 28-30, 2012; It will feature high level presentations, Three interactive workshop sessions, and will introduce some of latest in C-IED, Force Protection and CT solutions.
MKDS Counter-IEDs workshops and exhibitions are the most comprehensive events focusing on EOD, C-IED, Force protection and Counter Terrorism Operations and technology advancements. It is the meeting place to all Counter Terrorism Experts from NATO and Allied member nations.
- NATO CIED Action Plan
- Defeating the Device, Disrupting the Network
- The role of UAVs and other air assets in the fight against IED Networks
- Counter IED Operations and Exploitation
- Using Biometrics in the field / Identifying the unknown
- Route Clearance capability gaps
- Best Practices & Lessons Learned
- Providing specialist Force Protection capabilities
- Rapid Acquisition of proven Technology to protect the force
- The IED fight in the era of Defence budget cuts
- Capt.(N) Pearson Steve â”‚ NATO HQ SACT - Deputy Leader C-IED TF
- Dr. Franco Fiore â”‚ NC3A - CIED Head Scientist
- Emerging Security Challenges Division â€“ NATO HQ (Speaker TBA)
- Col Jim Ekvall â”‚ US Army Electronic Warfare (EW) Division (TBC)
- LtCol Fabrizio Ricci â”‚ Chief C-IED - National Joint C-IED Center of Excellence â€“ Italian MoD (TBC)
- US Immigration and Customs Enforcement / Homeland Security Investigations (ICE/HIS)
- Captain Clark O. Troyer â”‚ Executive Officer - Office of Naval Research Global (ONRG)
The Internal Threat
- How real is the threat of IEDs in the homeland
- Protecting national infrastructure from the threat of IEDs
- Developing national IED preparedness strategies
The use of HMEs in IEDs
Speaking opportunities request (Military and Government representatives)
Please forward your details including subject matter to CIED2012(@)MKDS-Training.com
Our event manager will be in contact with you within 48hrs.