Grounding Trauma 2012
Venue: Nottawasaga Inn
|Event Date/Time: May 10, 2012||End Date/Time: May 11, 2012|
Connecting Science and Practice:
* Dr. Peter Stenn MD, Psychiatry and Sally Mintz-Levy M.A. â€“ The Brain, PTSD and Substance Abuse Disorders
* Ally Jamieson MSW, PhD â€“ The Biology and Psychology of Trauma
New ways to Look at Trauma:
* Little Brown Bear, I.C.A.D.C., MÃ©tis - Ancient Wisdom and New Perspectives
* Lt Col Stephane Grenier, Mental Health Commission of Canada - Challenging the Status Quo. Stephane is the creator of the Canadian military Peer Support program for PTSD.
Emotional Literacy in Education and Service Provision
* â€œThe Algoma Modelâ€ â€“ ( Multiple Presenters ) - Learning from the success of one region that embraced â€˜Emotional Literacyâ€™ in community agencies as well as school curriculum.
* Kevin Cutler, Ontario Ministry of Education â€“ A Strengths-Based Approach In Dealing With Bullying and Applying Restorative Justice.
* Jacquie Lehman, Student - Emotional Literacy in real Time. Jacquie Lehman will share her personal experience with trauma; emotional literacy in the culture and curriculum of her high school and present curriculum that she development for grade 8 students.
Brain Injury â€“ A significant portion of your clients have brain injury.
* Jane Topolovec-Vranic, PhD., Dr. Donna Outchterlony, MSW, RSW & Naomi Ennis - Shedding Light on Traumatic Brain Injury and Homelessness -- Includes a pre-conference survey for participants and an interactive workshop on creating education for service providers.
* Jeanette Holman-Price , VP Brain Injury Association of Canada â€“ The Unseen Epidemic: A National and Personal Perspective.
* Hannah Sherebrin - Stomp Clay, Create Tapestry of Resilience Hands-on experience combating Vicarious Trauma (VT)
* Ava Zaritskyi, RSW and Kathy Harris - Introduction to alternative therapies and the role of trauma, grief, and body work combined for an effective treatment.
o Contemporary Dance Piece â€Trapped in My Mindâ€ choreographed by Katie Felix
o A visual exploration of â€˜Traumaâ€™ led by Deb Waddington, Artist.
o "Dedicated Listener" - Ann Morgan will take in the conference and reflect back during the last forum at the close of the event.
Full Details Workshops and Presenters
At Grounding Trauma we will propel change - be part of it.
About CAST Canada
Cast Canada has been holding workshops for helping professionals, presenting at Schools and Universities,
and giving speeches to public and corporate audiences in Ontario and across Canada since 2004.
CAST stands for Come And Sit Together
705749-6145 firstname.lastname@example.org www.cast-canada.ca