Full-day Virtual Seminar: Critical Factors and Complexities in Payroll 201 (HR Training)
Venue: Online Event
|Event Date/Time: Apr 23, 2012||End Date/Time: Apr 23, 2012|
The payroll professional must deal with rules and regulations from the Department of Labor, the Internal Revenue Service and the state equivalent of each of these. When you get beyond the basic rules, the regulations become more complex and demanding. For example, how to withhold social security taxes is basic. But knowing how to handle social security taxes as it pertains to an overpayment of wages made in previous tax year is quite complex. The payroll professional at the intermediate level must know how to handle this type of situation.
This webinar will help the attendee increase their efficiency and compliance knowledge beyond the basic payroll skills.
The information provided in this program will help the attendee to increase their knowledge of payroll procedures and compliance regulations beyond the mere basic skills. Use of the information presented can significantly increase the attendeeâ€™s knowledge in the payroll profession to the intermediate level.
Areas Covered in the seminar:
- How to pay white collar exempt employees properly using the salary basis rule?
- How to dock a salaried employee correctly under the FLSA?
- How to handle FMLA leave and an exempt employee's salary?
- Travel payâ€”when is it time worked.
- How vacation, sick pay or holidays affect overtime and hours worked?
- Does an employee who is paid on a fluctuating workweek basis need to be paid overtime.
- Calculating weighted averages for multiple hourly rates when an employee works overtime.
- Proper taxation of fringe benefits including: personal use of a company car or aircraft; auto allowances; moving expenses; third party sick pay; meals and lodging; memberships; stipends; gift cards; and cell phones.
- Using the special accounting rule for fringe benefits correctly.
- Proper taxation of multistate employees.