|Event Date/Time: Jul 19, 2012||End Date/Time: Jul 20, 2012|
The cell based assay platform has now been integrated into the HTS pipeline to provide more accurate analyses of new drug leads and their activity in-vivo. It already makes up 50% of the HTS activity by the top pharmaceutical companies and the industry is set to grow at a rate of 15% CAGR by 2015. Advances in stem cell technologies provide a way to obtain plentiful human cell lines instead of using cancerous and animal cells for assays. In addition to being a more accurate platform for developing drugs, it also reduces costs incurred by toxicology testing in animals and mitigates the risk of future recalls.
Visiongainâ€™s 3rd Annual Cell Based Assays conference will be taking place in Boston for the first time. This event will provide a unique networking event to boost your understanding of:
- Future growth opportunities in the cell based assays market
- How to reduce costs in the drug development process and produce more accurate results earlier.
- Explore new techniques for lead discovery and target identification
- Discover advances in core components required for the cell based assay platform
- Novel outputs using label-free detection methods that reduce interference in cellular signaling
- Developments in software analysis for the outputs generated by different cell based assays
- Cell culture advances and methodology as the platform moves from 2D to 3D
- Cell procurement using induced pluripotent stem cells to mimic human disease pathology
- Recreating more accurate models of human disease and their response to new drugs
- Advances in process automation and management of data