|Event Date/Time: Jun 12, 2012||End Date/Time: Jun 14, 2012|
Acquiring high-quality biospecimens is critical to facilitate progress in pharmacogenomics, and research shows the majority of the scientists in the USA still question the data they use. Biorepositories may offer unmatched maintenance and samples management systems to ensure sample integrity. However the USA market is yet to establish well-run biobanks with clear collection, processing, and storage procedures.
Introduction of an ethical-legal framework will play a vital role in developing a biobanking network and should ultimately lead to the harmonization of biobanks. There are currently over 250 biobanks in Europe and about 180 in the US, which will all greatly benefit from simplified access to each othersâ€™ databases and identical sample handling procedures.
More public engagement should be recognized as a key driver to the biobanking expansion. A particular attention should be paid to clearly communicated reasons for collecting and studying human biospecimens; guaranteed security of personal details associated with the samples; and, finally, developing ethical guidelines that are ethical by design, rather than overly conservative.
Visiongainâ€™s Biobanking Americas 2012 Conference will highlight the latest technological advances in the biobanking sector, most recent progress in the implementation of standard operating procedures, and current social perspective on the biobanking industry. Most authoritative specialists will discuss how to maintain a biobankâ€™s feasibility and what shall be expected from virtual biobanking. Take advantage of this unique opportunity to gain a deep insight into the industry and network with the leading experts in biobanking.
By attending this event you will:
- Learn about the most cost-effective practices to manage a biobank
- Assess the opportunities for commercial biobanking
- Examine the regulatory landscape: when can we expect implementation of Standard Operating Procedures?
- Keep up to date with the latest advances in secure data storage.
- Discover how virtual biobanking can facilitate data access and empower drug discovery process
- Take advantage of a rare opportunity to network with the industryâ€™s most knowledgeable leaders
- Gain an insight into the future of biobanking: can we overcome the challenges?