15th International Workshop on Combinatorial Image Analysis, IWCIA 2012 (IWCIA 2012)
|Event Date/Time: Nov 28, 2012||End Date/Time: Nov 30, 2012|
|Registration Date: Nov 28, 2012|
|Early Registration Date: Jul 15, 2012|
|Paper Submission Date: May 15, 2012|
IWCIA 2012 - International Workshop on Combinatorial Image Analysis
November 28-30, 2012
Austin, TX, USA
*** http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/iwcia12 ***
- Prof. David A. Eppstein, University of California, Irvine
- Prof. Janos Pach, Ã‰cole Polytechnique FÃ©dÃ©rale de Lausanne and AlfrÃ©d RÃ©nyi Institute of Mathematics, Budapest
- Prof. Gerhard X. Ritter, University of Florida
Springer's Lecture Notes in Computer Science.
Extended versions of the best papers will be invited for journal publication.
- Combinatorial problems in the discrete plane and space related to
image analysis; lattice polygons and polytopes
- Discrete/combinatorial geometry and topology and their use in image analysis
- Digital geometry of curves and surfaces
- Tilings and patterns; combinatorial pattern matching
- Image representation, segmentation, grouping, and reconstruction
- Methods for image compression
- Discrete tomography
- Applications of integer programming, linear programming, and
computational geometry to problems of image analysis
- Parallel architectures and algorithms for image analysis
- Fuzzy and stochastic image analysis
- Grammars and models for image or scene analysis and recognition;
- Mathematical morphology and its applications to image analysis
- Applications in medical imaging, biometrics, and others
Full paper submission due May 1, 2012 (possible extension)
Notification of acceptance July 1, 2012
Camera-ready papers due July 15, 2012
Early registration July 15, 2012
- Jake Aggarwal (University of Texas at Austin, USA)
- Valentin E. Brimkov (SUNY Buffalo State, USA)
* ACCOMPANYING EVENT: *
Symposium on Geometric Structures, Algorithms, and Applications 2012 (GSAA 2012)
Registration to IWCIA will allow participation in GSAA and viceversa.
"Important dates" are the same as for IWCIA.
Submissions will be made and handled via the same conference management system.
A submitted paper can be considered for both conferences.