Second National Level Workshop on Software Defined Radio (SDR Workshop India)
|Event Date/Time: Jun 24, 2012||End Date/Time: Jun 30, 2012|
1. Centre is conducting a 7 days (day and night)hands on workshop in SDR towards the end of Summer.
2. Participants will get an SDR hardware toolkit with which most of the Communication and Signal Processing projects can be done.
3. Participants will get an hands on experience in Open BTS,and how to correct clock timing problems in USRP kit.
4. The workshop charges is only Rs 10000, which includes charges for kit, food and accommodation.
5. Participants can stay back after the workshop for few more days, If more expertise is required.
Aim is to help students and faculty to develop innovative projects using state-of-the-art SDR technology in Communication and Signal Processing area.
The price of application specific devices used in mobile communication industry is coming down. This makes it possible to develop low cost Software Defined Radio hardware devices . This hardware coupled with open source platforms like GNU radio, allows students to do live real-time communication and signal processing experiments which so far was not possible with a low budget. Students had to use costly laboratory set up available only in college laboratories to do the experiments. This limited the time the students can spent on any communication related real-time experiments. Now with the advent of affordable SDR, students can do experiments any-time, and anywhere. Also , so far there was no set up available to do GSM experiments in any university. Now with open source hardware like USRP (Universal software radio peripheral) and OpenBTS software , students can learn in and out of modern mobile communication technology. In this workshop every participant will be given an SDR hardware for their own use. Using this, they can receive signals like FM, GSM, GMR, DECT, TETRA, APCO25, DVB, DAB and many other. Participants will be introduced to all the open source project happening in this fast growing field. This is a golden opportunity for third year B.Tech students in Communication/Computer Science Engineering to get into the state of the art and emerging communication Engineering areas. Faculty will also be immensely benefitted by this workshop. This will enable them to do live demos in class room while teaching communication Engineering subjects.
1. Basics of Modern digital Communication
2. Introduction to wireless Sensor Networks
3. Python and C++ Programming for GNU radio
4. Details of low cost SDR Hardware ( this will be freely given to every participant)
5. Details of USRP
6. Experiments with low cost SDR hardware and USRP
7. Hands on experience in Building Antenna for SDR experiments
8. Experiments with OpenBTS
9. Hands on Control Experiments
10. Interfacing wireless sensor Networks and GNU radio