Scientific Periodicals of Slavic Countries under Globalization (SPSCG)
|Event Date/Time: Oct 10, 2012||End Date/Time: Oct 12, 2012|
|Registration Date: Sep 15, 2012|
|Early Registration Date: Sep 15, 2012|
|Abstract Submission Date: Sep 15, 2012|
|Paper Submission Date: Sep 15, 2012|
We invite you to attend the International Scientific conference "Scientific Periodicals of Slavic Countries under Globalization" to be held in October 10-12, 2012 at V. I. Vernadsky National Library of Ukraine (Ukraine, Kyiv).
At the plenary session, sections, seminars and panels we plan to discuss following areas:
- science information policy of Slavic states;
- current status and future perspectives of nationwide and international scientific publishing projects ("doiSerbia", "eLibrary.ru", "HrÄak", "Scientific Periodicals of Ukraine" etc.);
- prospects for global integration and visibility of Slavic-languages journals;
- English-language publishing in Slavic-speaking scientific communities;
- open access journals of Slavic countries;
- adoption of national and international copyright policies;
- trends in publishing and library technologies;
- international research databases: part of Central and Eastern Europe and the Balkans;
- European science and research through scientometric comparative analysis;
- archives of Slavic scientific serials in modern context.
The Conference is designed for researchers, publishers, developers, librarians and policy makers from the Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, the Republic of Macedonia,
Montenegro, Poland, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine and other countries.
The Conference will play host to numerous special events, including the training seminar on publishing with Open Journal Systems, the round table "Ukrainian Science Citation Index" and joint press conference of Ukrainian scientific publishers.
The Conference languages are Ukrainian, English and Russian. For more information about the Conference and in order to submit a paper you must register on-line on the conference website.
On preliminary agreement with the Organizing Committee it is also possible:
- to attend the Conference online via Skype;
- to submit a paper for Conference Proceedings only (without attending the Conference).