Port Cities as Hotspots of Creative and Sustainable Local Development (wufportcities)
|Event Date/Time: Sep 01, 2012||End Date/Time: Sep 02, 2012|
|Abstract Submission Date: Jul 20, 2012|
|Paper Submission Date: Aug 24, 2012|
In particular, it will be focused on the following goals:
1. to propose new ideas to strength the development strategies of port cities, combining new and old architecture;
2. to identify the necessary conditions for the design of the creative sector and sustainable developments in port areas/cities;
3. to map out learning modes based on creative practices or experiences in various parts of the world;
4. to seek for appropriate indicators and evolution tools for mapping out the performance of creative port area/cities development initiatives;
5. to identify innovative tools to implement UNESCO Historic Urban Landscape approach into an integrated perspective, that balances and integrates conservation and development;
6. to compare creative practices of conservation/development of port areas/cities, identifying critical elements;
7. to compare best practices in financing integrated conservation of historic urban landscape;
8. to interpret port areas as particular "places", as spaces of creativity, to be re-generated and/or created through design/planning;
9. to discuss the creative role of port cities in designing city future.
The Scientific Committee - composed by Peter Nijkamp (Scientific Commitee President); Aldo Aveta, Francesco Bandarin, Tuzin Baycan, Eugene Birch, Alison Brown, Roberto Camagni, Leonardo Casini, Alberto Cuomo, Giuliana Di Fiore, Leonardo Di Mauro, Sasa Dobricic, Riccardo Florio, Luigi Fusco Girard, Xavier Greffe, Christer Gustafsson, Emiko Kakiuchi, Ramin Keivani, Arjo Klamer, Sharon Kuska, Brent Lane, Pablo La Roche, Mario Losasso, Jean-Louis Luxen, Alan Mabin, Randal Mason, Francesca Medda, Pasquale Miano, Christian Ost, Antonietta Piemontese, Mariarita Pinto, Waldemar Ratajczak, Joe Ravetz, Josep Roca Cladera, Donovan Rypkema, Jan Rouwendal, Michelangelo Russo, Cecil Steward, Roger Stough, Antonio Tejedor, David Throsby, Belinda Yuen and Milan Zeleny - has been involved in order to identify the Meeting themes/contents.
Call for Papers: The Scientific Committee invites researchers and practitioners to submit abstracts of papers for presentation at the Meeting. Abstracts should only be submitted via email at email@example.com. The deadline for abstract submission is July, 20th 2012.
1. All abstracts must be submitted and presented in English.
2. Papers should discuss original, theoretical approaches and/or practical best/good practices with important lessons learned.
3. Abstracts may not be longer than 2000 characters including spaces.
4. You are kindly requested to respect the downloadable format for the compilation of the papers.
5. The Notification of acceptance/rejection of the abstracts submitted will be published on this website (http://www.wufportareas.it) by July, 27th, 2012.
6. Full Paper must be send by August, 24th, 2012
Each submitted abstract will be reviewed by membes of the Scientific Committee, which will decide on the acceptance of the paper for presentation. The Scientific Committee will select papers to be published in a journal or book.