Preparation Course for NPPE - Professional Practice Exam
|Event Date/Time: Sep 15, 2012||End Date/Time: Sep 15, 2012|
This one day seminar prepares NPPE applicants by covering the primary literature required by APEGA.
Slides on exam material, including guidelines of ethical and lawful practice, and the Occupational Health & Safety Act will be reviewed in the morning.
In the afternoon, there will be a review of sample multiple choice questions.
After this one-day seminar your learning will be facilitated and accelerated in order for you to pass the exam.
A complete set of Progress Seminars course materials are included. The APEGA study guides are not included in this course.
- A set of 100 (educational) multiple choice questions is included in the course materials.
- This seminar is not a replacement for your study.
- This seminar is not affiliated with APEGA.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for Engineering, Geology, and Geophysics graduates who need to obtain their APEGA licences.
1. Regulating a profession
2. APEGAâ€™s Act
3. APEGAâ€™s regulations and bylaws
4. Disciplinary procedures
5. Exam preparation: How to study, How to write the exam
6. Ethical theories and Code of ethics
7. Ethics for three different group of professionals: Managers, Employees, and private sector
8. Canadian Legal System
9. Business organization structures
10. Professional implications: Tort Law, Contract law, and â€œproduct liabilityâ€
11. Tort law
12. Contract Law
13. Choosing Project participants: Bidding process
14. Delivering Methods: Design-Build, Design-Bid-Build, etc.
15. Compensation Methods: Fixed price, Cost plus, etc.
16. Life cycle of a contract: Awarding contract, Executing contract, and terminating contract
17. Specific issues in contracts: Breaches, Disputes and Delays
18. Important clauses in construction contracts
19. Subcontractor contracts
20. Specific type of contracts: Insurance and Bond
21. Other types of law for professionals: Property law, Employment law, Environmental law
22. Intellectual Property Law: different types of intellectual properties
23. Practice on Multiple choice questions