Absent Again? Preventing, Documenting, and Dealing with FMLA Abuse (HR Compliance)
Venue: Online Event
|Event Date/Time: Aug 16, 2012||End Date/Time: Aug 16, 2012|
Why Should You Attend:
Each year the federal Family Medical Leave Act helps millions of American workers protect their jobs while coping with serious health conditions or caring for ill or injured loved ones. But it can also open the door for unethical employees to take advantage of this protection by requesting leave for minor health problems or taking intermittent leave for activities they could easily schedule outside of work hours. Not only does this impact productivity, it causes stress for employees who have to fill in the gaps and for managers who are forced to do more with less.
In this webinar, HR professionals, small business owners, and managers can learn how to nip FMLA abuse in the bud and establish policies and procedures that will reduce the likelihood it will resurface.
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
- The most common FMLA abuses employees try to get away with
- What your company's legal rights are under the changes in the new FMLA regulations
- The ins and outs of the certification process and when to request a fitness for duty exam
- How to implement policies and procedures that prevent FMLA abuse
- How to effectively handle intermittent FMLA
- When, and how, to investigate suspected FMLA abuse
- How to terminate an employee on FMLA leave and do it without facing charges of retaliation