Conducting Legal and Effective Behavioral Interviews (HR Compliance)
Venue: Online Event
|Event Date/Time: Aug 29, 2012||End Date/Time: Aug 29, 2012|
Why Should You Attend:
Have you ever been completely blind-sided by a job candidate? In the interview he seemed perfect; once hired, he was a disaster.
In this program, Judi addresses both the art and science of effective behavior interviewing. Youâ€™ll learn how to prepare for an interview and ask behavior-based questions that enable you to determine the candidateâ€™s abilities based on their past performance. We will discuss how to resist the allure of the flashy job candidate who looks and sounds good in the interview, but turns out to deliver much less on the job. Youâ€™ll learn how to avoid the mistake of dismissing quiet candidates just because they donâ€™t may a great first impression. Youâ€™ll also learn how to work with a panel of raters to come up with an objective measurement tool that uses past behavior as the best predictor of future workplace performance.
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
- Determine the interview format and select the interviewers.
- Define the required selection criteria.
- Prepare the interview questions and interview guide.
- Avoid illegal or leading questions.
- Assign interview roles & the order of the questions (if team interview).
- Ask questions based on the resume.
- Ask behavior based questions.
- Ask spin-off questions.
- Answer the candidate's questions.
- Take effective interview notes.