An HR Approach for Defensible Workplace Investigations: Managing Complaints with Compliance (HR Compliance)
Venue: Online Event
|Event Date/Time: Aug 31, 2012||End Date/Time: Aug 31, 2012|
Why Should You Attend:
Employers have obligations to investigate complaints made by employees for a myriad of reasons including discrimination, harassment, violence in the workplace, and other prohibited conduct.
In the event of employee complaints employers are required to perform a thorough, objective, professional investigation. The investigationâ€™s purpose is to gather the facts, take appropriate action and then if warranted, take such action that a further incident is avoidable or becomes less likely. An employer is also responsible for preventing and/or handling retaliation towards those making complaints or serving as witnesses in an investigation.
This webinar will show how you can perform an objective, factual, thorough and defensible workplace investigation that meets the employer's compliance obligations. The training will discuss best practices, policies and protocols you should have in place for interviewing witnesses, handling evidence and writing investigative reports.
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
- Why companies are required to do investigations.
- How to take a complaint.
- Investigatory best practice policies, procedures and protocols to have in place.
- Interviewing witnesses, including uncooperative or angry ones.
- How to handle physical, testimonial and documentary evidence.
- Best practices in writing investigative reports.
- Preventing and handling gossip, retaliation and interference.
- Indicators of professional Investigations.